Rachel (Res) and Steve

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

jenjen

Post by jenjen »

such terribly sad news, I am shocked and saddened beyond belief and will always remember res's amazing and beautiful spirit

steve, nothing I can say can ease the pain for you, but please remember that all of us at KPG send our love and best wishes, please know you and Rachels family are on our hearts and our minds

jen x
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

thanks also for sharing the pictures with us Nelly and Jim

I'll always have fond memories of meeting all of you, and especially Rachel and Steve that day

Jen x
Cynthia

Thank you Rik

Post by Cynthia »

Today I got a message from a very good friend reminding me I had been ignoring people I care very much about. I found out about Rachel today. My heart is breaking for Rachel and Steve. I have spent many hours on this side of the pond chatting with Steve then got to busy to check the site and keep up on whats going on. I will not make that mistake again. I have missed you all and I am back for the ones of you that remember me and for the ones I have not met I'm a crazy American that loves some wonderful people in the UK.

Steve If you get a chance to get on here your still my best bud and I miss you so very much. I wish I was there to support you in every way for you and Rachel. My heart is full of prays and love for you too. I will always be here for you no matter how far away I am.

Love Cyn
king william

Post by king william »

So so sorry to hear of you loss Steve, our sincerest condolences to you. Its hard to believe that a pc screen can make me feel so sad.
Rachel

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Stevie Thinking of you and your families
with love Rachel xx
Ruth H

Post by Ruth H »

My heart goes out to Steve. Sincerest condolences to you and both families.
Love
R
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hi everyone.

I would just like to pass on my thanks, on behalf of my own family and Rachel's family.

This has been a tremendously tough for all those who knew and loved Rachel. Only 4-5 weeks ago, I thought, and many others thought Rachel would survive and beat Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It came as such a blow last Thursday because we were still positive. Rachel was not given very long at all and it was always going to be tough for her to have any kind of prolongment using chemotherapy or radiotherapy as she was just so frail... but so beautiful, peaceful, serene, content..... loved.

I just wanted to make Rachel's last days special, so as you all know we got married on Monday and a lovely service conducted in the hospital ward. It would seem now, and I am glad, that the marriage may have complete Rachel's life, and our journey together was nearing it's end. Rachel passed away peacefully yesterday, and we begin a new journey together. Not just me, but her friends, family and anyone who knew what a kind and special person Rachel was. A journey of remembrance, of tribute and of love.

I would like you all to join me on this new journey. On this new journey, we must all celebrate Rachel's life and have her always in our hearts, our minds, our memories, our thoughts. She was a truly inspirational person who touched so many lives with her kind demeanor - she never had a bad thing to say to anyone, about anyone. She wanted to be everyone's friend. It is often said that only the good die young, and that God takes only the good people because they are too good for this world, I think it is true. But then I look around at her family and all her friends, she leaves good people behind, good people who loved her dearly. We must all find a way to deal with the pain of it all and come through stronger. Rachel told me on Saturday that I must carry on and live my life - I will not only just do that, I will live all the things that she was never able to do, and do everything that she couldn't... for Rachel.

Someone told me once that relationships change over time, they were right. I married my love and my one true soul mate. But this relationship won't change. Rachel will always be my beautiful wife. She cannot be replaced.

Rachel was the only person who made my life as whole, as complete as you could possibly want. I know some of you have that too and I know that your relationships will have more meaning because of things like this, more purpose, more strength... more love.

Rachel is no longer in pain.... and she has taken to the heavens the only thing that any of us should ever need at any time.... love.

I would just like to thank each and every one of you because you all meant so much to her, and even if you only knew Rachel a little, you saw a glimpse of the kindness and the shimmering light she gave out to all she met.

I would also like to thank both the renal team and the haemotology team and Brabourne ward, all at Kent and Canterbury hospital, for their tireless efforts into treating Rachel. They too were shocked to see Rachel deteriorate when they had the same high hopes as I and the family.

I would always like to send my deepest love, regards and sympathies, to both Rachel's family and my own. I am so lucky to be part of such two lovely families.

I am also proud to have a family such as KPG. Through thick and thin, we always rise above and help and support each other. May the communal spirit be there eternally.

Rachel, my wife, my soul mate, words are not enough to express how much I miss you right now, but you are always in my heart. The candle you lit for me the day you met me will never die out. I will keep it burning brightly and I will always be reminding people what a special person you are.

My love knows no ends, or no bounds for you. Rest in peace, my wife.

"Forever yours" Mrs Rachel Elizabath Sedge.

Stevie
xxxxx
xxxxx
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~
My Band myspace!
AmitChouhan

Post by AmitChouhan »

Steve, I'm really, really saddened for you and both your families and it must take a lot of courage to come on this board to write so deeply at this very difficult time. I admire you.

Just to let you know we are here in to support you and think of you, and to say the times we did have the opportunity to meet it was a real pleasure leaving very fond memories.

Amit
~G~

Post by ~G~ »

Steve, that was beautiful, and now i'm bawling! I was thinking about Res (She will always be "Res" in my mind) last night.. and how I didn't really know her very well. I never met her, etc. But every picture I ever saw of her, she was smiling and seemed so calm/happy. Every email/conversation/chat with her was just about the same. Happy & calm - no matter what was going on. No matter what the crisis we were discussing. The fact that we're on opposite sides of the gobe and never 'spoke' in real life - leaves us to conjure an 'image' in our heads of how we expect that person to be. And Res is smiling... and happy, and peaceful.
Vikki

Post by Vikki »

Steve
I cannot say how amazing I think it is that you have written to us all on KPG. Your words were very strong and made me cry again, but you are right, we must always remember her and her wonderful spirit.

I feel that, if you agree, we should hold a memorial party for her in the New Year. And I say party purposely because, as so many people have said on here, she was a very special, happy, smiling, kind and generous person so we should treasure and remember that always.

Steve and both families, I send you lots and lots of love at this very very difficult time

Vikki
xxx
Even with your eyes closed, may you see the light at the end of the tunnel

Hal

Post by Hal »

Dear Steve,

I've never met either of you... but used to chat to you a little a few years ago.

Was very sad to hear your news today and wish yourself and your families my deepest sympathy.

Best Wishes,

Hal
Elaine

Rest In Peace Res xx

Post by Elaine »

Steve please accept our condolances,very emotional words about Res (Rachel) and will always remember her with such fond memories, compassion love laughter, fun and always prepared to listen to others' with such empathy. Such courage over the past few weeks especially.

Rest in peace Res (Rachel)... always in our loving thoughts picture your lovely smile and gentle nature.

Elaine Rach & family xx
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

jeeez this thread is so sad,im all choked up reading it :(

i just dont know what to say,im thinking of you all.

all my love and hugs xxx
pocketwilson

Post by pocketwilson »

I can't say anythingthat hasn't already been said. I am an occasional poster on here and I never met or chatted to either of you but rest assured, my thoughts are with you.
Cynthia

I wish you enough

Post by Cynthia »

There is nothing no one can say to ease the pain or the loss.We can all tell you how sad we feel with you right now, but no one can touch how deeply you feel My dear Friend.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them but then an entire life to forget them.

I WISH YOU ENOUGH.

I send you all my love and all the support I can give.

Love Cyn