End of mask wearing

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

morzov

End of mask wearing

Post by morzov »

I attended my renal unit this morning and was informed that from Monday of this week, mask wearing in the unit had been dispensed with! No notice, no consultation, no reason given.

And I don’t just mean patients - it includes nurses and doctors too.

When I saw a consultant I insisted he wore a mask and then asked him why they had been done away with. Vague answer around - Covid no longer a risk plus you have been vaccinated. I asked him what significant change there had been from last week but he couldn’t provide an answer.

Anyone else experienced this.?
wagolynn

Re: End of mask wearing

Post by wagolynn »

Masks
The unit I attend still use masks but masks on transport to dialysis has been relaxed.

I think, the assumption is that vulnerable people have had their vaccine shots, which reduces the risk.
You should have had a letter, some time ago, outlining special treatment should you find you have caught Covid 19.
My daughter had this when she was found to have Covid 19, I think she was given antibodies but has to be early.
She tested positive, this was reported, she had to chase them, she was given an injection.
The result she said was like a mild flue and was gone within a week.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Still got signs up, and staff are wearing if they visit (home dialysis) everyone was at my clinic this morning.
Chemist, staff are still wearing when serving.

Also I've received a text message saying that I will be invited to have a 'spring booster'.

My carer recently tested positive. as well

From Gov UK
Cases
People tested positive in England
AVAILABLE AT NATION LEVEL.
Up to and including 1 April 2023
Last 7 days
Direction arrow THERE HAS BEEN A DECREASE OF -6,391(-23%)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

I have my booster jab in two weeks' time. Folks in my renal clinic wear masks as required by the staff but when I was in as a surgical inpatient last week they didn't until I got into theatre.
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
Mich1949

Post by Mich1949 »

I am being dialysed in the unit in Poole. We ( and nurses and doctors) all wear masks - they take our temperature before even being let in ( a higher than normal temperature means an lft test before being let in).