Kidney disease: A UK public health emergency - Kidney Research UK

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Kidney disease: A UK public health emergency - Kidney Research UK

Post by JMan »

https://www.kidneyresearchuk.org/about- ... cs-report/
Please see attached the latest report from Kidney Research UK on the stark statistics of how kidney disease is impacting on our population. Please do share.

At our event this afternoon, Alison Railton presented this report which will be available shortly once edited.

Further links shared by the group are below:

Improving identification and management of Chronic Kidney Disease | Discover Now (discover-now.co.uk)

Hidden-CKD (hiddenckd.co.uk)

The two simple and very human reasons why all health systems, including the NHS, are bound to fail | Richard Smith's non-medical blogs (wordpress.com)
wagolynn

Re: Kidney disease: A UK public health emergency - Kidney Research UK

Post by wagolynn »

Hi JMan,
Thank you for drawing our attention to the report, it makes grim reading.

Unfortunately, Kidney failure is not 'sexy', so the media does not make any comments about it.
And, without media comment government will not pay attention.

On my more depressed days, I do wonder if we have evolved a way of life that our bodies just cannot adapt to resulting in various conditions that kill us.

I did read some interesting work on growing new organs but it looks as though it has faded away.