Advice

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Bobbyboy

Advice

Post by Bobbyboy »

I recently had a few blood test at Healthy Heart Clinic which came up with the following:

Urea and electrolytes
Serum sodium level 140 mmol/L [133.0 - 146.0]
Serum potassium level 4.4 mmol/L [3.5 - 5.3]
Serum creatinine level 105 umol/L [59.0 - 104.0]; Above high reference limit
Serum urea level 4.9 mmol/L [2.5 - 7.8]
eGFR using creatinine (CKD-EPI) per 1.73 square metres 57 mL/min [60.0 - 150.0]; Below low reference limit

I am told that I will need to go back for another test next week, but not told why!

Any ideas or thoughts
MatthewC

Re: Advice

Post by MatthewC »

Hi Bobby

This is a late reply but the forum is very quiet these days. Did you get some more results? The ones you gave didn't look too bad, although the eGFR was a bit low (which is probably the reason for more tests). Having said it was low, mine is 55, but I'm a donor and it has gently crept up since the op - I am perfectly well! They will probably want to monitor yours over a long period.

All the best

Matthew