Ticks Spiders

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Grey

Ticks Spiders

Post by Grey »

Hi
Having had a transplant 2 years ago I am embarking on a new venture of caravanning. Having bought a newish caravan and seen close up how many spiders have been living in/on the van I wonder just how seriously I should take spider bites and ticks. Saw recently the story of Matt Dawson http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40973709 and the affect it had on a healthy person it can only be a concern to me. Any feedback from post transplant patients? Stay strong!
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later
rheaybou

Re: Ticks Spiders

Post by rheaybou »

Can you get it fumigated?

Then anything in it right now is dead. As for when you are camped, wouldn't think it's any more of a chance Isi than a day out in the countryside.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hi Grey ...
I work with a number of people who swear by conkers ...
leaving a few dotted in the car keeps it clear of spiders ...
but Here area a few more ideas
Grey

Post by Grey »

Thanks guys, good to see old faces still knocking around!
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later