Where to put your PD machine

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Lily123

Where to put your PD machine

Post by Lily123 »

I'm looking for tables or storage units suitable for the PD machine - any recommendations?
Lorna

Re: Where to put your PD machine

Post by Lorna »

Hi Lily

I just used my small bedside cabinet for my PD machine (Baxters Homechoice Pro), but anything round about the height of your bed should do. The cabinet I used had a couple of drawers, which was great for storing mini-caps, connection shields etc. Good luck in finding something

Lorna
xxx
amanda in CA

Post by amanda in CA »

I use my bedside cabinet. I purchased a metal filing rack (with horizontal shelves) and put my spare bags on these. It sits nicely on top of my machine.
Andy

Post by Andy »

I'm not sure if you are in the UK or not but I used a trolley from Argos. I've just searched for it now online but cannot find the link. The machine fitted perfectly on the top shelf, and bags used to go on the shelf below, it had wheels so meant that didn't have to carry bags too far!

If I can find the link I will.

Andy
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hi.

My machine sits on top of a wooden blanket box that was already in my bedroom. I bought a nicely patterned length of oilcloth to cover the box - it protects the wood from marks and gives me a surface I can wash clean. I keep a supply of ancillary bits and bobs in an Ikea storage box next to the machine.
Jill
yachtman

Post by yachtman »

Lily123 wrote:I'm looking for tables or storage units suitable for the PD machine - any recommendations?

on a stainless steel trolley from ikea, it is kitchen gear. In operation it is outside our bedroom door, I drilled a small hole through the edge of the door for the pipe, wire goes under, So NO NOISE!!!, apart from wifes snoreing! Saves a disconnect for toilet visits as well.
Pam

Post by Pam »

I got an adjustable camping table--it can be raised or lowered as needed. The legs have notches in them to facilitate this...I have it down to about 2 feet as this is a little higher than the height of my bed but it can be raised up to the height of a regular table. It has a hard plastic surface so I don't have to worry about spills, etc. I put my PD machine on one side and lay the bags I am using on the other and there is still plenty of room for minicaps and other supplies I use when I connect or disconnect.
I looked for a long time to try and find the right table! :roll: If it is big enough to hold your PD machine and bags (if you lay them on a table that is--some people hang them from an IV pole-I just put them on the table next to the machine) and has a washable surface, you should be ok.
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28