Sue has had the call

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Angel

Post by Angel »

I got a message from Sue's friend to say the lady herself rang her yesterday less than 12 hours after she went in for surgery and is doing really well. She has had a scan and the kidney appears to be working well and although Sue was unsuprsingly groggy she did sound really well. :)
MandyV

Post by MandyV »

Good to hear - and lets cross fingers for more of the same!
Angel

Post by Angel »

I meant to say I gave this link to Sue's friend so that she is aware so many of us are thinking of her and wishing her well.
bigbuzzard

Post by bigbuzzard »

I had a clinic appointment this morning so I dropped into the transplant ward to see Sue. It was great to meet her, having chatted via this forum a couple times recently. She's doing great - sitting in a chair beside her bed already, and looking great. The kidney started working immediately, and it sounds like things are good. She sends her thanks to everyone who's posted here, and will no doubt be along in 'person' fairly soon.

Andy
Angel

Post by Angel »

I have received an update from Sue's friend and she is ok but the kidney has decided to take a kip for now. She was sent for a scan in the night which shows all is well and it is just sleepy. Fingers crossed it wakes up soon for her-maybe someone should deliver some of that nice Fanta Jen had. :wink:
res

Post by res »

Great news about Sue's transplant. As Lorna said earlier in the thread, I hope the transplants continue on this board for others who are waiting as there have been a fair few recently. I hope Sue's kidney re-awakens soon!

Take care and best wishes to Sue,

Rachel and Steve x x
Elaine

Sues transplant

Post by Elaine »

Ditto as Angel says an update from Sues friend whch is very much appreciated.Also to Big Buzzard for popping in to see Sue and relaying KPG support, good wishes and messages which im sure is appreciated.

Sending positve vibes to Sue and hoping progess maybe slow BUT sure can be such a rollercoaster rode initially. Our thoughts and ((hugz)) to Sue :D take care and best wishes.

Elaine & Rach xx :D
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

thanks for all the updates- I'm really hoping sue's new kidney gets back up to speed
Angie

!!!Sue and Bob!!!

Post by Angie »

Hi All
We popped up to see Sue last night and she looks FANTASTIC!!! :P

As you may have guessed Sue is calling her new addition Bob at the mo and although he is a bit sleepy the signs are good so far.
She is very positive and looks happy and relaxed and all things considered comfortable.

Will hopefully get to go and see her again this week and be printing off KPG messages for her.
ImageImage
Life is for living-Grab every moment with both hands
BusyBee

Post by BusyBee »

So glad to hear about Sue - wishing her loads of luck and happiness
Mel x
JaneB

Post by JaneB »

Hope everything goes well Sue x Jane
PD 4 years 8 months
Hemo August 2010
cindywoolley

Post by cindywoolley »

Thanks for the update Angie please say hi to her if you visit again and tell her I am sending her a virtual hug and lots of positive thoughts.
Love Cindy
diandy

Post by diandy »

Fantastic news Sue. :D Got everything crossed that 'Bob' wakes up a bit. Wishing you well and a speedy recovery. :) :) take care

Di xx
Angie

*News Flash*

Post by Angie »

Hi Y'all

Rik just got a text that Sue and Bob, are in her words, 'being kicked out this afternoon'.

Will let you know where she is going and how she is doing as soon as we do.

best to everyone....
XX
ImageImage
Life is for living-Grab every moment with both hands
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

FAB NEWS!!!

Being let out it surely a good sign!

Now all Sue needs is a friend called Rita and they could all be the title of one of my all time favorite films!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091859/

:wink: