I'm Home Sweet Home!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Rachel in NY

I'm Home Sweet Home!

Post by Rachel in NY »

Hi All!

I'm home, got home yesterday (monday) and its a great place :) Thanks for praying for my Giants - they won the superbowl. We watched the game in the hospital, a bunch of us. it was actually pretty cool. although next year i want the party in MY house, with hot dogs & pepsi & hot pretzles :D

All in all I'm doing ok. I still have sores in my mouth and a terrible earache/earaches (they keep popping) and I have a yeast infection thanks to all the antibiotics i was pumped with, but aside from those issues i'm feeling really good. (women only - what should i do about this its driving me insane) It was really crazy, this whole thing. after this i can't take a single breath for granted. you don't realize you breathe on your own and all and its painless and effortless, till you can't. whatever.

Now i'm just recovering at home, mostly relaxing bc i'm tired, and can't wait to get back to work, prob next week.

I also lost some weight - and those of you that know me know how hard it is for me to gain it back, and i hope i do get it back quickly.

anyway, thanks for your messages and all. see you laters. i'll be posting a bit more during the next few days bc i'll be around the pc.

Rachel
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."
Rik

Post by Rik »

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
glad your home cupcake ... thats real news to make one chuffed!!!!
now enough already with you using the healthcare system as a holiday resort!!!!!
I DEMAND you stop this nonsense once and for all!!!!
:wink:
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Glad your back...

JMan:)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Andy

Post by Andy »

glad you are home Rachel, I agree with Rik, you really should stop holidaying in that place.
I hope your ears settle down soon enough, and I hope that you have fun trying to put the weight back on (I'm on a diet, so I'm cutting down my food not piling it on).
Well great news that you're home hun.

Andy xx
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Cheryl in CT

Post by Cheryl in CT »

Hi, Sweetie!

So glad you're home, safe & sound. Thanks so much for your e-mail - will try to reply tonight!

lots of love,
Cheryl
Bill

Post by Bill »

Next year when the Ravens are in the Superbowl the party will be at my house and I'll be serving Hawaiian Punch. All are invited.

Glad to hear your home.

Bill
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

That's so cool Bill... we'll watch the Giants cream the Ravens ;) I will provide the NY Victory food....
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."
nellylela

Post by nellylela »

Welcome home rachel :D glad youre feeling better... you really must stop going in there just to see those gorgeous nurses :wink:
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." James M. Barrie
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

Welcome home Rachel,hope all is well xxx
res

Post by res »

Glad you're home Rachel and doing much better,

GET WELL wishes to you!

Take care,

Rachel x
Elaine

Rachel home

Post by Elaine »

Glad you home Rachel and thanx for message good to hear from you.

Take care best wishes Elaine & Rach :D :wink: :P xx