been naughty

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

been naughty

Post by Mike »

Hi all,

I'm so tired and achy today but it's my own fault!

It was my dad's 60th birthday at the weekend and my brother, sister and I went over to france to their house over there for his birthday. All that amazing food and wine I ate far too much and I think my Pt & Phos is a little bit high at the moment :wink:

It's not going to be any easier over the next week, my mum and dad are flying out to venice tomorrow but he doesn't know it yet! and we are going to surprise him by turning up there and meeting them on thursday :shock:

I think I'm going to be a bit achy for a few more days :evil: Good job I dont have a blood test for a few weeks :wink:

I can't wait to get there

mike
Bruce

been naughty

Post by Bruce »

Mike

I hear you. I've been on a diabetic diet for 25 years and sometimes you just have to cheat. Even my MD says it's a quality of life issue and he lets me slide. You just try not to do too much damage. Congrats to your father.

Bruce
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Mike,

Well you've got to let yourself go a bit sometimes! Congratulations to your father also.

Hal
Cheryl in CT

hi, Mike!

Post by Cheryl in CT »

Mike, I'm thrilled for you. What a great thing you & your family did and will be doing for your dad! He must be one very special guy!

I'm happy for YOUR sake, too. A little splurge now & again sure does lift the spirits, doesn't it? You already know the price you'll have to pay, but sometimes, it's just SO well worth it!

Best to you , your dad & all the rest. Believe me, you're one very lucky family!

We'll be thinking of you all!

Cheryl
LadySycamore

Re: been naughty

Post by LadySycamore »

Mike wrote:Hi all,

I'm so tired and achy today but it's my own fault!

It was my dad's 60th birthday at the weekend and my brother, sister and I went over to france to their house over there for his birthday. All that amazing food and wine I ate far too much and I think my Pt & Phos is a little bit high at the moment :wink:

It's not going to be any easier over the next week, my mum and dad are flying out to venice tomorrow but he doesn't know it yet! and we are going to surprise him by turning up there and meeting them on thursday :shock:

I think I'm going to be a bit achy for a few more days :evil: Good job I dont have a blood test for a few weeks :wink:

I can't wait to get there

mike
Congrats to Dad. :)

Do you take anything for the phosphorus? If I find myself cheating a bit, I just take more Renagel to even things out (and you can't really OD on Renagel).

Just be as careful as possible. High Phos. is no joke (and I am a witness!).

Have fun. :wink: 8)
Dialyze.org:
http://dialyze.org/forums/index.php
Chatroom, Support, Advocacy and more!

Dialyze.org MemberGroup on MSN:
http://groups.msn.com/Dialyze-orgMember ... sages.msnw
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi,

I made it back and surprised myself by being fairly good :) It was soo hot and humid there that I felt like I was going to melt away on the 1st day but it was a incredible and beautiful city. My dad's face when he saw us coming over a bridge near San Marco was incredible and we all really enjoyed it.

food was fantastic but very expensive (and I do cheat and take an extra phosex occasionally). I'd love to go back but can't afford it for a while. It was quite a journey about 11 hours total from setting off in bournemouth to arriving at the hotel (we got a bit lost trying to find our hotel at 1am :shock: ) and I am a bit achy but not too bad. The journey back was no better it took 5 1/2 hours from stansted to bournemouth and was just as hot as it was in venice but stuck in my car in traffic jams without air conditioning.

anyway loved it and I hope to go back to italy sometime soon just got to try and learn a little of the language.

mike