The Date is set

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

cazpi

Re: The Date is set

Post by cazpi »

I've been in a similar situation for a couple of years, my unit reckon not to do their pre-emptive transplants until egfr is below 10%, and I hovered at 11% for a while. I never had an actual date set, but was expecting it to be within the next couple of months for quite some time. I had spring cleaned and bought new pyjamas! I've stopped thinking about it now, it'll happen if and when it happens. In the meantime, I'm keeping as fit as I can and my potential kidney is having an easier life in my donor than it would in me!
MatthewC

Post by MatthewC »

I've also had some good news recently, with which I'm quite pleased. The one thing about me with which the surgeon at the transplant centre was not impressed was my cholesterol level. It was 6.8 back in March when I first saw the surgeon. As a result my dear wife took more control of my diet; the sort of thing that I didn't know, but she does, is: "which has more saturated fat - a pint of beer or a glass of red wine?" The result of her knowledge and mild pressure was that the blood test done earlier this month showed a figure of just 4.7! Since they are happy with anything under 5, I'm delighted but will persevere, although I think there are one or two things that I might treat myself to after the op.

The answer is the beer, btw.
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

That's great news! Congratulations :)
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!