Pam...

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Rik

Pam...

Post by Rik »

its with real sorrow that I post to let people here on KPG know that Pam passed away earlier today..
Pam was always a big support to me and countless others here as we went through our stages of kidney failure...
many thanks Pam ...
:0)xxx
Thumps

Re: Pam...

Post by Thumps »

Such sad news, but I'm so glad she got to say goodbye to her loved ones properly and celebrate her life! She was an inspirational figure. :)

RIP Pam x
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
MandyV

Post by MandyV »

We will all miss her thoughtfulness and enthusiasm. Glad she spent time with her friends and family and sorry I missed her final illness (and absence from the board) so we could have been more supportive. RIP Pam
Bill

Post by Bill »

So sorry to hear that. Pam and I had very similar backgrounds. We were about the same age and had our transplants about the same time. Was very sorry to hear she lost hers. She seemd to be doing well afterward though.

Thank God I'm still very fortunate. Will be celebrating 39 years this Thursday.

Bill
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Another sad loss, but by all accounts she passed away comfortably, and with dignity..

RIP Pam my thoughts and condolences to her family
cindywoolley

Post by cindywoolley »

Glad that Pam now has some peace I enjoyed reading all her posts and found her to be so very positive all the time. My condolences to all her family
Transplanted 23/9/9 St. George's Hospital
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

RIP Pam x
Transplanted 31st July 2012 - Vasculitis survivor
Doolally

Post by Doolally »

Follow this link for her obituary and photos:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignit ... cale=en-US

She never showed many photos of herself, I don't think she liked photos of herself cos off all the years she was on steroids. Seeing these photos of her makes me wish I knew her more, makes me wish I'd had the opportunity to meet her in person. She was an amazing friend to me. So sad. <3

Remember her three sisters and especially her mum in your thoughts and prayers, she lived with her mum so this will be a huge loss to her.

xxx
Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis (MCGN/MPGN) TYPE 1
Stage 5, nephrotic, hypoalbuminia, proteinurea, hypothyroidism, anemia, vitamin d deficiency
Ramipril, Levothyroxine, Ferrous Gluconate, Alfacalcidol, D3, Domperidone, Amitriptyline
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

Thanks for posting that Ali - good to finally put a face to the name, even in such terrible circumstances
RIP Pam
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

Ali thanks for posting the link, desperately sad news although not unexpected, I didn't realise how young she was.
Only 4 years older than me, way too young to pass, condolences and prayers for her family who must be devastated.

We live with this silent sickness,if we're fortunate we get a reprieve with a transplant but we know that ours is unlikely to be a full life in terms of longevity, seems like Pam filled her life with a love for people, I can't think of a better way to spend your time.

God bless - Keith.
amanda in CA

Post by amanda in CA »

I am very sad to hear this news. Pam always had a great way with her. I did not realise that she was so young either, as she always had so much wisdom. RIP Pam.
rosa t

Post by rosa t »

Sorry to Hear about Pam. RIP

x
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present