almost dead but not quite

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Aileen

Re: almost dead but not quite

Post by Aileen »

Poor Pam. This is terribly sad. I have read Pam's optimistic posts since I joined in 2009 and loved her mainly upbeat approach to very challenging medical problems

News like this certainly puts other posters' dramas into context

Best wishes and warmest thoughts to Pam and her family

Aileen/Cambs/UK
The half full glass or the half empty? it's a no-brainer! :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000139507823
Rik

Post by Rik »

on holiday in the middle of nowhere but just got reception..
Pam has been so supportive to me over the years.. can't believe what I have just read..
blow to the core.. please send Pam all my love xxxxx
Andy

Post by Andy »

Thinking of Pam at this hard time and all her family.

So very sad.
X x
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

Ali thanks for updating I had no idea I just assumed that Pam was recovering, my wife and I are both Christians and we'll be praying for Pam and her family. This is a community and the bond we share cannot be understood by "normal" people, our thought and prayers are with you Pam.

God bless - Keith XXX.
sporti

Post by sporti »

Very sad. My thoughts are with Pam and her family.

Sheila
cindywoolley

Post by cindywoolley »

So very sad to hear about Pam my thoughts are with her and her family x
Transplanted 23/9/9 St. George's Hospital
smudge

Post by smudge »

Very sad to read this news. Pam is a very inspiring lady and my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
Donated kidney to my best friend on 24th June 2009 at St Georges Hospital
dkjane

Post by dkjane »

So very sad! Thinking of you! Jane
cazpi

Post by cazpi »

Sorry to hear this, Pam has always been so positive, and encouraging to everyone on here. Thoughts are with her.
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

oh no, this is devastating news. Pam has been inspirational to both myself and a lot of people on this forum over the past few years. I will be thinking of her and her family and hoping for peace at this difficult time
:(
Doolally

Post by Doolally »

On Sunday Pam had a celebration of life at her home for family and friends - organised by her family I think. This is what one of sister's posted on facebook on Sunday, who couldn't be there for the celebration because I think she's helping another sister who's undergoing treatment for cancer (that family sure do have it tough):

"Just talked to Pam on the phone from here in Tennessee. She was tickled pink that about 200 people showed up for her celebration. She made it through the whole afternoon and did not feel sick and she sounded like she was still going strong. We prayed that it would be a good day, and it was thanks to God. Thanks to all who were there and to all who have sent messages!!!"

xx
Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis (MCGN/MPGN) TYPE 1
Stage 5, nephrotic, hypoalbuminia, proteinurea, hypothyroidism, anemia, vitamin d deficiency
Ramipril, Levothyroxine, Ferrous Gluconate, Alfacalcidol, D3, Domperidone, Amitriptyline
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

That's lovely :)
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
wing

Post by wing »

Have read this several times and don't know what to say other than how very sad.
As Aileen says, it puts everything into context and reminds us to live each day to the max within our capabilities because none of us will be around forever.
I don't know Pam but, like many, have read her posts and have always thought she sounds so kind and caring and full of common sense - my kind of person.
Best wishes to Pam and her family and may it all be calm and peaceful.
webster

Post by webster »

Our prayers are with Pam and her family x
Cath

Post by Cath »

I'm so sorry and sad to read this. Pam always seemed so positive and her posts were helpful, positive and sometimes inspiring. I'm so pleased she was able to attend the celebration of her life and see how many people care about her. I hope for peace for her and her family x