Who is this Bill guy?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Bill

Who is this Bill guy?

Post by Bill »

Follow the link and click on "medicine to Medals" under video list to see more of Bill (if you can stand it).

Thank God for cute little girls to overshadow my ugly mug and stupid comments.

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/fe ... _386.shtml

Bill
Otherstarfish

Post by Otherstarfish »

Bill,

wow - i was beginning to think you looked young for a long term kidney adopter -but then they showed you :) good luck in the games!

Keep riding and happy trails,

Gary
Live, Love, Eat and Laugh
amanda in CA

Post by amanda in CA »

Nice to put a name to a face, Bill. Great article, it shows that people who receive transplants are just normal people like the rest of the population
Bill

Post by Bill »

Yes Gary the adorable little girl was put in there to ease the shock when my ugly mug came on!

Bill
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

awww bill don't say that! It was great to 'see' you! :)
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."
Bill

Post by Bill »

Rachael, nice to see your still in touch.

Well back from the games. Despite my stellar performance in my two bike races exceeding the goals for speed I set for myself..no medals for me. Was also part of the volleyball team but since we only practiced once you can guess how that turned out. All in all had another wonderful time. If your in the US I strongly suggest you go to at least one games. You don't have to compete but it is very inspiring to go.

On another note. the girl, Olivia, in the news story with me won 4 MEDALS! I think her best came in the long jump when right before launching off the board into the sand pit she abruptly stopped and said she first had to "take her shoes off!"

Follow the link and take a look at the video (no I'm not in this one but a lot of my team members as well as Olivia bowling.

Bill

http://www.kidney.org/news/tgames2010/index.cfm
Doolally

Post by Doolally »

Great video! The first one that is, with you in it! :D
Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis (MCGN/MPGN) TYPE 1
Stage 5, nephrotic, hypoalbuminia, proteinurea, hypothyroidism, anemia, vitamin d deficiency
Ramipril, Levothyroxine, Ferrous Gluconate, Alfacalcidol, D3, Domperidone, Amitriptyline