Diabetes

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

MandyV

Post by MandyV »

Does this mean that you have now been diagnosed?

Funnily enough I am finding out about insulin and injecting because my cat has it!! He is lucky in that it is atypical and as a result of a tumour on his pituitary gland so post his radiotheraphy (yes all 3 weeks of it) we are hoping that in around 5 months he will have recovered. When they test cats blood sugar they prick their ear rather than the paw!!! Luckily my months of injecting myself post tx are paying off!!

I also have new found sympathy for human diabetics as you can see how miserable the cat is when his dose is too low, whereas humans are much braver and hide it better I am sure ....
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

My fasting glucose always hangs in the 6's with 7.1 being the highest but my hba1c test comes back a normal level :-)