Diet post transplant - what can't I eat?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

Post by Mike »

Kipper wrote: Strange thing is I'm 12 days post transplant and have been given pro biotic yogurt for lunch in the recovery unit of the hospital, I did mention it but they just said they don't have any other kind - strange, just illustrates the point that you need to be responsible for your own health and not rely on others.
They tried to serve us steak and KIDNEY pie when I had my transplant :shock:
Numero Uno
Head Honcho
Top dog
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

It's nigh on impossible to find non-probiotic yoghurt now. :roll: Annoying!

LOL @ the steak and kidney pie. I had one the day I came out of hospital. Yummy! :D
smudge

Post by smudge »

Mike wrote:
They tried to serve us steak and KIDNEY pie when I had my transplant :shock:
Yup - we were offered that too on the day after transplant. Declined and had the only other option available - a jacket potato with salad. My recipient was delighted as she loves both and they were her first for ages

There was another option on the menu - can't remember what it was - but not surprisingly that had already gone by the time the servers got down to my end of the renal ward as presumably a few of the patients were trying to maintain their renal diet despite the best efforts of the hospital.

:D
Donated kidney to my best friend on 24th June 2009 at St Georges Hospital
Helen Rambaut

mods please remove

Post by Helen Rambaut »

looks like this is an advert.
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

thanks Helen, just removed it

Jen