Cellcept (mmf)

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Cheryl in CT

Post by Cheryl in CT »

Hi, Keith -

Yep, I've been on Cellcept for a while now - exactly 7 years! (That, and tacro & pred...)

all the best,
Cheryl
Connecticut/USA
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hey Keith

I've been on MMF for 6 years (aswell as Tac) x
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
trigger

Post by trigger »

hubby been on it 3.5 yrs now along with pre 5mg and ciclosporin
hubby had transplant 26.08.06
laurajadedaniels

Post by laurajadedaniels »

i was on it for about 5 years till it was stopped about 2 years ago was getting lots of infections on it so just on tack and pred now x
Laura

Facebook
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

Been on Cellcept, 750mg x2 daily and Tac (1mg am and .5mg pm) for 1 month short of six years with no problems so far. My facility tries to use the smallest possible dose of immuno drugs but don't believe they have tried monotherapy yet. I know there are facilities in the U.S. which are doing so but unfortunately I don't have any links for you. good luck with your search.

Anne
oki

Post by oki »

Yes my hubby been on Cellcept for about 1 yr now, they seem to be helping him. He couldn't get on with Cyclophosamide. They do knock you out a little.
bigbuzzard

Post by bigbuzzard »

from TX 2 years ago I was on Pred + Ciclosporin + MMF, then changed from Ciclo to Tacro.

Then after tacro toxicity identified as causing deterioration in function, changed to Pred + 1mg Tacro x2 + 4mg Sirolimus (Rapamune). i remember getting some advice from you when changing - which was much appreciated.

The new combo is now several months old, and seems to be great - with fewer side FX than any of the previous ones, and function stabilised.

So to answer your question, I was on MMF for a year and a half or so - but since changing I think my guts are much better.