No NHS-medical care in end-stage-renal-failure. Any ideas?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

I have not seen the NHS-GP with whom I am registered with for almost 6 years because I cannot take any more abuse. No other NHS-GP in my district lets me register with them.

No solicitor takes my case.

I was sent by post a medical letter on 11th April 2005 stating that I had not been seen by a rheumatologist for over 14 months, stating also, that no rheumatologist can be found in the UK to treat my Lupus-SLE-MCTD.

Furthermore, I have been informed on Friday, 5th September 2003 by Sara on her last day of work at my Health Authority (PCT), before she returned to Australia, that it was well known at my PCT that I was being discriminated against and the PCT Chief Executive knew about it.

Sara told me on the telephone on 5th September 2003 that it was well known at the PCT I was being sent to useless NHS-appointments, that it looked as if I was receiving NHS-health-care, but it was known at my PCT that all these appointments were of no medical value to me whatsoever. She told me she felt sorry for me because that explained why I did not receive NHS-medical care when I needed it.

I am not against the NHS. I only explain the facts which make me searching for a doctor with Christian/Humanitarian/Medical Integrity who is willing to give me a break. It is my bad luck that my health has become very vulnerable and my kidneys only work 10% now. This is due to an untreated Lupus-flare-up.

If I may say so, I find the attitude of people very strange. They appear almost like predators and not like people who try to understand each other and communicate with each other.

If I do appear to repeat myself that is because you do not give me the feeling that you choose to understand what I am saying.

If there is anyone who knows real practical advice, I would very much appreciate it.
Thank you. Please contact e-mail: [email protected]
Helen Rambaut

no nhs care

Post by Helen Rambaut »

Dear Kristina

OK it's possible I may be able to give you some information which may be of use.

Firstly where do you live? You have mentioned Charing Cross and Chelsea & Westminster which may indicate that you live in West London somewhere.

Helen
Angel

Post by Angel »

I don't really know what to reply to this but I thought there was a legal obligation that people who are citizens of this country who need medical attention get it. Therefore I am not sure why you can't get a GP-sure it maybe difficult to get one that meets all the things you want them too but it would be a start.

I don't want to sound harsh as I have had a few issues with my treatment over the years but for your own sake you do need to try and put some of that aside to get the help you feel you desperately need. I know many patients who have multiple problems and although there may not be one doctor who can treat all of the issues and they have to see other consultants you can't get the help if you don't seek it.

It sounds to me as if you need a nephrologist and Rhematologist at least to treat the basics of your conditions and you can go from there. It is your legal right to get help so you have to bang on those doors.
Mike

Post by Mike »

you're talking about things that happened 6 YEARS AGO! things change and you need to get yourself a GP.

Personally I look for a GP with medical knowledge and religion views are completely irrelevant to my medical care needs.

If you want to find a religious doctor go and ask the vicar at the church to recommend one. You will not get any better care just because that doctor believes in god or the flying spaghetti monster.

It is the doctors medical training and knowledge that will save your life as the way you are going with 10% function you won't be here much longer to complain.

Now can we close this thread as there is nothing more anyone here can tell you that we haven't already done so.
Numero Uno
Head Honcho
Top dog
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

Hello,

I've now locked the thread as it doesn't seem to be generating any further productive solutions to Kristina's problem.

This action has been discussed with the other moderators and approved by the site administrator.

Thanks, and Kristina I hope you find the help you need.

Best wishes,

Jen