Just a little Ebay story

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Pam

Just a little Ebay story

Post by Pam »

Hi to all,
This is not something really important, but I thought it was kind of interesting-I bought something on Ebay (and won it) :) and the seller wrote me and asked me if I had a kidney transplant (my user name has something to do with kidneys and transplants) Turns out he has had a heart tx for 3 yrs! I thought that was kind of cool that we would both just happen to have had transplants. It certainly is a small world, isn't it?
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

While on the topic of Ebay and kidneys...

I had sold something to a woman.. and she send me money wrapped up in a paper.. a printed paper. I flip it over and read it. It was a nurses 'form' to fill out when a patient has dialysis. Has fill in questions like how many hours of treatment the person had, etc.

I ask her about it, turns out she's a dialysis nurse! And the way she sounded - a great one as well.

Another time I sold items with a green ribbon (kidney awareness) on it, and boy did it attract kidney cancer and kidney disease patients.

Its a small world out there... but I like that 1st example best.

-g
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

It's really a small world! Allow me to share my contribution.

As some of you may know I received the precious gift of a kidney from a very generous friend last December. This Thanksgiving she, her family and her husband's parents were at our home, along with an army of our other friends and relatives.

After dinner, we were sitting around chatting, when out of the blue her Mother-in-Law asked if I had ever been on "Erythropoietin." I was shocked. I thought, "why is this 'civilian' asking me this question, How does she know about Epo and why did she use the chemical name which I, a veteran of kidney disease, can't even pronounce?!"

Turns out she was involved in the research of the drug and it's use for dialysis patients. We went on to have a fascinating discussion about Epo and how it has benefited so many.

A small world indeed!

Anne