Cautionary Tale

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

bluemoon

Cautionary Tale

Post by bluemoon »

Went for my check up last week (2 years post transplant and createnine has always remained about 140/50).

So fairly routine until I got an urgent call from the renal docs to say my createnine had shown a sharp increase. I had to go in there and then and have a full battery of tests. Much to everyone’s surprise all results were back to normal.

It turned out that the evening before my bloods were taken my wife had made home made beef burgers. They were so delicious that I had seven!!

This was the cause of the dramatic rise in createnine. Oh boy did I feel silly, I got quite a lecture off the consultant.

So, any transplantees out there best to avoid meat before a blood test or at least great heaps of it :lol:
Jim
Hal

Post by Hal »

Glad its back to normal James :)

(I wish I could say mine is so high because I ate something but I don't think they will believe me!)

Hal.
Rik

Post by Rik »

I still maintain mine was high because I enjoy my steak 'blue' ... preferably still moo'ing as it hits my plate!!!!
those burgers sound mouth watering James ... any chance of an invite when they are next on the menu??!!!!