A little festive research

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

A little festive research

Post by JMan »

As the holiday season is more or less upon us, and in the interest of a little festive research (which I may make use of in the new year)

Can I ask readers the following question..

What is your favourite party food (and why)?

(note to Rik, beer is not a party food, its a beverage)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
LW Adams

Party Food

Post by LW Adams »

Every thing that I couldn't have while on Dialysis, now that I have this new kidney, You know things like milk, cheese, Tomatos and the best thing about it all is that everything tastes good! Not just blah,
Hope this says on well I feel about my transplant and I realy hope that everyone on this board has the good fortune to have the same very soon.
Good luck and have fun. LWA
:P :P :P :P
Pam

Post by Pam »

Hi JMan!
A lot folks here in the US have gigantic Super Bowl parties (you can see who has them by the number of cars outside their homes on Super Bowl Sunday! :roll: ) and they often serve these long (can be up to 3-4 feet) sandwiches which they slice up. There is every type of meat, cheeses, etc. I especially like this type of fare.
Dips are always nice-especially with those Doritos Cooler Ranch corn chips. You gotta have Pepsi or Coke and a lot of it! :lol: I'm not into beer...I hate the taste. :evil: If you must have a dessert, it absolutely has to be a Turtle Pie...mmmmm I'm getting hungry just typing this!
Thanks for the cool topics...I'm interested to see what everyone else posts!
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Andy

Post by Andy »

jman just wondering what would you have said if we said that you couldnt ask us a question...?

Well my favourite party food is ummm party rings and dips (not mixed together)!!

but i love this time of the year cos i really want my dad's Christmas dinner, he makes his home made stuffing and ive waited for nigh on 3 years for it.... yummmmmmm:) So this year it will be very nice and well awaited.

:):D[/quote]
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Hi Jman
What a good thread you’ve started
Do I really need to say what my favorite food is at Christmas
A Big Tin of Roses!!! all to myself :D
Sue :)
Xx
And I don’t think there’s much chance of Rik NOT counting beer as a food :wink:
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Ok 2 Q's....

What's turtle pie??

What or how? is a Party Ring? Some sort of crispy snack?

Wonderinging..

J :)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Elaine

Fav food ;)

Post by Elaine »

mmmm Fav food let me think??? nibbles crisps n dips maybe?? n bread sticks yummy (garlic ones honk!!!!!!!) lol!!!! :shock:

Oh n of course not forgettin PIZZA!!!!!!!!! lol
(Rach!! ) :D :P :lol:

all for now happy munchin n partyin!!!! ;) :P :D :wink:

Elaine ;)
Julie

My favourite party food.....

Post by Julie »

....has to be Blini's with smoked salmon and beluga caviar. :P

Yummy scrummy in my tummy!

:D

Julie
x
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Jim............What a silly question to ask me!!!!!!!!!!

Anything that involves CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Love Kelly XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ImageImage

Life is like a box of chocolates, you can never get enough
R30

Fave party food

Post by R30 »

Well JMan, I think that my favourite is going to comprise quite a few things - mostly because I don't have to worry about what I eat anymore!

Smoked salmon (however it comes)
Chicken satay sticks
Garlic prawns
Cucumber or egg mayo sandwiches (remind me of being a kid)
Celery sticks (yep - I love 'em) with dips
Ripe baby plum tomatoes (yum)

All washed down with a glass of cold, good quality, champagne.

What about you?

Ruth :D
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

I love ice and pepsi of course, and i LOVE hot hor douvres. mini egg rolls, mini potato thingys, mini franks in blanks, etc. i can make a full meal out of it. who needs the food if you have hor dovres?

-rachel
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."
George

Post by George »

Iam not on any food restrictions other than milk & dairy products and fish and other sea life crap...crustations, liver & kidneysand of course gree leafeed veg like sprouts and cabbage. (These are high in pureens that start the dreaded gout off) But I can live with that.

Ilike most food and will be trying it all, also never heard of turtle pie.
Pam

Post by Pam »

Sorry I didn't explain what turtle pie is! :oops: It is a delicious concoction of cookie crumb crust with caramel, chocolate and pecans mixed together for the filling and whipped cream around the top of the crust ...I think it got the name from those pecan and caramel candies that are dipped in chocolate-they look like little turtles.
I hope you didn't think I actually ATE turtles!! :lol: :wink: :shock:
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Rik

Post by Rik »

hmm?? .... its a difficult one Jim ...
I love my Christmas Goose ... all that stuffing ... roast potatoes ... etc etc ... especially when served up on a LARGE plate!!!!!
but then I LOVE my Christmas pudding too ... with Brandy poured over it and set alight at the table ... OH!!!! .... and GALLONS (that UK gallons and not the smaller US gallon by the way!!) of double cream!!!!! (sorry George!!) ...
I have been known to finish a whole family size one all by myself!! :wink:

OK Jim ... thought about this long and hard ... and realise that none of the above can really be considered 'party food' ... so my choiced ... (since you have sidelined Beer!!) ... my Christmas Number One ... has to be ... by a LONG LONG way ... and honestly ... why its not available all year is beyond me!! ... my all time cant wait til Christmas favourite is ... MULLED WINE!!!!!!!!!!! ..... wonderful stuff!!!!!!!!
Doolally

Post by Doolally »

CHEEEEEEEEEESE :lol: :lol: