Would you trust MS with your health?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Would you trust MS with your health?

Post by JMan »

Elaine

Micro soft IT within NHS

Post by Elaine »

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

maybe we in for crashingtime!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :shock:

Elaine ;)
johnsor

Post by johnsor »

There most likely is a downside to the situation, but suspect the upside may outweigh the negatives. I am not saying I trust MS, but over the years I have been to local Clinics and University teaching hopitals where they would bring out these gigantic manilla folders (my file) and try to discuss my situtation. They spent more time trying to find the pertinent information related to me in that file and quite frankly I feel I was shortchanged on quality doc time. The local clinics I frequent still use this process. I used to bring all my vital stats on my palm pilot or printouts so time would not be wasted looking for my information. The University hospital is now completely on line for all the data (not sure it is MS) and it makes a big difference in quality time. It is easier to just talk the issues, since my health history is completely at their fingertips. I can then go to see a cardiologist at another University location and he has access to the same data instantaneosly. I guess the question might be, what other fingertips might have access to the data? Anyway, I think this is the health environment of the future....good or bad.