Nelly

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Thumps

Post by Thumps »

Aileen, I hardly had any pain at all apart from when they made me get out of bed to have my blood pressure measured, it's really not that bad... if it hurts, get more painkillers! No point being a hero about it! :D
Mike

Post by Mike »

very true, if I didn't take my pain killers and it started the hurt I remember one of the nurses saying it will take more to take the pain away than if you just keep taking them! She used to tell me off if I didn't take them too :lol:
Numero Uno
Head Honcho
Top dog
Laura

Post by Laura »

I was told the same thing. The nurses would rather you take painkillers and move about instead of not and lying still. I found it more painful just lying still as stiffness sets in and that's when it becomes uncomfortable.

I've got everything crossed for you, Nelly. Let's hope the kidney kicks in to action very soon.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Nelly says Hi to everyone. And here's another quoted text message:) They are trying to keep her BP down.
I ate a little bit today, TWICE:). Much less sore. Sat up more today, can move a bit more myself. No dialysis today.
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
sporti

Post by sporti »

I hope youre not in any pain now and everything is starting to work. Good luck to you.
golightly

Post by golightly »

Glad you are feeling better Nelly! xxx
http://questforakidney.blogspot.com
www.hollycocker.com

Received new kidney (kasper) on 17.10.08 from wonderful friend Oli after 5 years on dialysis. I'm 24 and living in London.
laurajadedaniels

Post by laurajadedaniels »

glad your feeling better nelly, x
Laura

Facebook
Angel

Post by Angel »

About time too eh? :wink:

Take care Nelly and hope you feel better soon. :)
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Nelly has been eating a lot of bananas and chocolate, and peeing loads.
Pain in the stomach is still quite bad, she can't see the snow because the window is behind her!!! :shock:
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
tommc

Post by tommc »

:shock: WHAT? Cant see the snow :shock: Some one turn that girl around lol.

Tom
Transplanted 31/05/09

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk
triggers better half

Post by triggers better half »

wow.many congratulations nelly.heres to many happy years with your new kidney
trigger and triggers better half
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

Congratulations NELLY!!!

I am so so happy for you - can't believe I missed this message. See what happens when you don't sign in for a few days?

Hope you feel better soonish, and that it should fully awake soon.

Have you named it yet?

Re pain, I had loads. I was so out of it but everythign seemed to ache but I didn't really care bc I had a tx. Then I had a small rejection episode right there in the hospital before I was let out so I got horrible meds that made me incredibly ill and I was scared but they said its actually quite normal to have that happen right away, and that was that. I got out of the hospital like 2 months later maybe? I forgot but it was a long long time. But it was/is all worth it. it really is!!!!
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."
laurajadedaniels

Post by laurajadedaniels »

aww glad your enjoying your chocolate and fruit, first thing i eate when i had my transplant was a chooclate bar then someone went out to mcdonalds for me then went off it then :lol:

your missing out on such beautiful snow nelly, the sun is out here at the mo with all the garden white...so nice! anyway i hope you get to see the snow soon 8)
Laura

Facebook
golightly

Post by golightly »

First thing I ate was some heinz tomato soup and it tasted awesome! Couldn't eat properly for the first few days though.

Nelly - so happy for you!!! We can now be clinic buddies! yay!
http://questforakidney.blogspot.com
www.hollycocker.com

Received new kidney (kasper) on 17.10.08 from wonderful friend Oli after 5 years on dialysis. I'm 24 and living in London.
Mike

Post by Mike »

It was snowing when I had my transplant too :D My brother came to see me the day after transplant and brought a carton of orange juice, triple chocolate biscuits and thortons chocolates yum :D

Glad you are feeling better and hope it continues
Numero Uno
Head Honcho
Top dog