Rachel (Res) and Steve

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

cindywoolley

Post by cindywoolley »

Dear Rachel and Steve

I am so very sorry to hear of Rachel's decline and am thinking of you both and your families and hoping that Rachel can come home for christmas. Try and stay strong both of you. x
Helen Rambaut

Post by Helen Rambaut »

It was so good to see you at the KPG meet up Jan 2007. So sorry to hear this news which is very difficult for you to bear.

I hope you gain some comfort from all your friends on the KPG network. What else can I say? I am thinking of you both.

Helen
Angel

Post by Angel »

I am so sorry Rachel and Steve. Thinking of you both at this very difficult time.
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

I just found out and I'm shocked!!!! My thoughts are with you both Stevie & Res during this difficult time. I wish you both the strength to get through this, and that it should be as smooth as possible. I'm soooo sorry, purple hugs from america, and I'm hear if you guys ever need to talk.

Rachel
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."
Vikki

Post by Vikki »

Steve and Rachel
There aren't any words for this are there? There's nothing I can say that can do justice to my sorrow and anger for you both. Rik wrote the most coherently. I send you all my love and blessings. You have both been the strongest, most wonderful supports to me and made me feel that if you two could do it, so could I. I can never repay that or fully express the gratitude I felt or what it meant to me.
I love you both
Vikki
Even with your eyes closed, may you see the light at the end of the tunnel

MANCHESTER STEVE

Post by MANCHESTER STEVE »

Dont know what to say Steve...like you say where does the time go... it doesn't seem two minutes ago that we we were at the fund raising party
carpie diem

You know my thoughts are with you and rachel

my pryers are with you both this week
Live life. Love life. Donate to give life

www.kidney.org.uk/ypg
king william

Post by king william »

Thinking of you both and sending our best wishes, dum spiro spero.
trish263

Post by trish263 »

steve

I dont know you as I havent long joined this group but I am so sorry.

This may not help but my sister is a reki master (if you have heard of reki) so I will ask her to send both of you some healing everytime she is sending out her reki which is most days and anything that may help is worth a try

tracey xxx
Good luck to every one xx
Sue

Post by Sue »

Rachel and Stevie, my prayers and thoughts are with you both at this very difficult time, total shock to read Rik's post.

No words can really express my sadness.

Love Sue xx
Rik

Post by Rik »

just wanted to update you all on how things are going...

over the weekend Steve arranged for a special licence ...
so Steve and Rachel were married this afternoon in a special ceremony at the hospital ...
may I be one of the first to offer many congratulations to the new Mr & Mrs Sedge ...

on a sadder note ... Rachels Drs feel that she is not well enough to be able to cope with the drug regime that would allow the couple a bit longer time together ...
Steve says that their time together is worth more than anything in the world no matter how short that time is ...

much love to both of them XXX
Angie

Post by Angie »

Firstly I want to say congratulations on your marriage....
somehow it feels wrong to feel elation at the moment ... but I am so happy for you!!!
that you are Mr and Mrs Sedge.. nothing can take that away from you...

My heart aches with the sadness I feel and I cannot start to comprehend the emotions you must be experiencing...

As I mother I feel for your families and as someone who loves someone special I can start to understand how you must be feeling Stevie and Rachel. Treasure EVERY moment you have together and remember the happy times... Try not to linger on what could have been or may have been, just focus what you have and the love for each other you share....

I am sitting in my office at work with tears burning my eyes trying to tell you how much I wish I could make everything better and feeling desperate because I can't........ sorry...

I send you all the love I have in the hope that it may help in some way I so wish that we were both well at the moment and could come and see you, but the last thing you need is our germs, so we must stay away.

(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X) these are hugs and kisses we would love to give you in person, but virtual will have to do for now.

Angie xx
~G~

Post by ~G~ »

I was distressed last week Steve when you told me what was going on, and was really sad to hear the latest updates. I wish you both all the strength in the world, send you my love, and you guys are definately in my prayers.

Congratulations on the marriage... and hope you still have time to make some more good memories together...

My heart aches.. and I can't express myself well, but my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Cath

Post by Cath »

Although I've never met you I wanted you to know how sorry I am to hear this news. I'm thinking of you and your families.

Cath x
golightly

Post by golightly »

Having only just joined this forum recently I don't know either of you, but my heart goes out to and I'm sending you both lots and lots of love. xxx
http://questforakidney.blogspot.com
www.hollycocker.com

Received new kidney (kasper) on 17.10.08 from wonderful friend Oli after 5 years on dialysis. I'm 24 and living in London.
MANCHESTER STEVE

Post by MANCHESTER STEVE »

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Sedge...its not often that something brings a tear to my eye but this thread has...
Live life. Love life. Donate to give life

www.kidney.org.uk/ypg