Rachel (Res) and Steve

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Rik

Rachel (Res) and Steve

Post by Rik »

I posted a while back asking for support and good vibes for Rach as she was going through a tough time ...
I spoke to Steve this evening and asked if its OK to post this ... he said I would have the words that he cant find right now ... but I'm not sure I have ...

Sadly despite heavy bouts of Chemo that she went through ... Rach's cancer has got into her central nervous system ...

Steve is with her at the hospital constantly ... and at the moment he hopes she will come home with him to spend their time together surrounded by friends ... family ... and a hell of a lot of love they share between themselves ...

I've always said that this Board is like a real community ... and have always meant it ...
we laugh ... we cry ... we make friends ... and we fall out with each other ...
but when push comes to shove ... no matter what ... through good and bad ... we are there to support each other when its really really needed ...

So I know you ... like me ... will be there to support both Rachel and Steve through this really difficult time ...

Big Love and Hugs to you both and I am looking forward to coming down and giving those hugs personally ...
Rik
:0)XXX
Andy

Post by Andy »

Rachel and Steve, thinking of you both at this difficult time, I cant comprehend what you are both going through but sending massive hugs. Your love for each other is so strong and paramount and I wish you all the best- and hope Rachel can get home for some special time with you and her family.

Rik, these are the right words- they must have been so hard for you to write. (Hugs)
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Jake

rach and steve

Post by Jake »

I want to wish the best for Rach and Steve, I dont post very often. Jake from Iowa
Angie

Rachel and Steve

Post by Angie »

My Dearest Rachel and Steve.

So sorry to hear your news, I am truly shocked and upset through to my very soul. You are two of the most special people I have ever had the good fortune to meet and I cherish the friendship we have everyday as I would be a lesser person had I not have known you.

All I can do is offer my help whenever you need it and for whatever you need it for.

Sending you the biggest hugs and kisses and dearly hope to be able to give you some of those personally.

Love and take care of each other.

XXXXXOOOOOXXXXX
ImageImage
Life is for living-Grab every moment with both hands
Elaine

Rachel and Steve

Post by Elaine »

Our thoughts love and prayers to you & your family at this emotional time. May you find the strength to get through so much together and know so many people on this board admire you Rachel, such a loveable considerate kind person who always thinks of others'.

much love and ((hugz)) Elaine Rach & family xx

ps Thanx for updating us Steve & Rick- much appreciated.
xXx Holz xXx

Post by xXx Holz xXx »

Thinking of you both at this difficult time, can't imagine what you are going through right now.

Sending love and hugs x
Holly Shaw

Please visit my blog: https://transplanttantrumsandtiaras.wordpress.com
tommc

Post by tommc »

Stevie my love to you both. Theres no words just now. Were all thinking of you both

Tom
Transplanted 31/05/09

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Thanks Rik, you've put into words what I've been trying to say.

Stevie, I'm heartbroken for both of you, absolutely gutted. You're both such lovely people, and good friends, and you just don't deserve this.

Hoping so much Rachel can come home and enjoy her time with you and those she loves the most.

You're both in my thoughts

Lorna
xxxx
nellylela

Post by nellylela »

Biggest hugs to both. I don't know what else to say :(
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." James M. Barrie
MandyV

Post by MandyV »

May I echo everyone elses sentiments - and wish you my most sincere wishes for as much love, time and serenity as possible to share precious moments together.
Mandy
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

I cannot believe what I am reading, and feel utterly sad to hear this news :cry:
Rik, thanks so much for letting us know -
Both Steve and Rach made a special effort to visit me in February 2006 and it was great to meet such special and wonderful people.

I hope they are both able to spend a special Christmas together
laurajadedaniels

Post by laurajadedaniels »

I don't think i know either of you, but i'm thinking of you both through this difficult time. And i hope you get to spend the festive season together

xx
Laura

Facebook
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Rachel & Steve, chemo is the nastiest, its worse then dialysis but you can get through it, hold on to that fighting spirit Rach, I know it's deep inside.

Best, love, hope & hugs to you both

James
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'm shocked and sad to hear this!

I met them both just a week before my first transplant anniversary in 2007 at the night Jen organised.

As everyone else has said I really hope you are able to spend christmas together at home and get through this.

Love

Mike
Numero Uno
Head Honcho
Top dog
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hi there

Thank you for all your messages. Like Rik says, Rachel's Lymphoma has moved into the central nervous system, the consultant said it is a near impossibility to be cured. Rachel can be treated and have her life prolonged with very high dose chemotherapy, but unfortunately, she will just relapse.

We must all of us decide today what the next course of action we take, with Rachel leading the way. Her family and friends must remain strong and resolute - that's easy to say but I am in absolute bits and i haven't slept since. Rachel looks very peaceful at the moment, she is just so tired all the time. We would like to get her home as soon as possible and get her symptons under control and make the best of what she has and give her a wonderful christmas.

Thanks everyone

an absolutely heartbroken steve
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~
My Band myspace!