Newcastle Here I come......

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

malmorrison

Newcastle Here I come......

Post by malmorrison »

Hello everyone,

Just got the news I have been waitin ages for, A space in the Newcastle RVI for 1 holiday dialysis session.

I am goin in on the 12thth Dec so I can have a weekend in the area. Woooo Hoooooo! or should I say Waaaaaay Aaaaaaayyyyyyeeee!

Anyway with a bit or to and fro I got in. .....

Kind regards

Malmorrison.
Our kidneys maybe gone but our minds havent
tommc

Post by tommc »

Mal,

Thst good enjoy your hols.

Tom
Transplanted 31/05/09

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

great new Mal-- enjoy :D
malmorrison

Post by malmorrison »

Thanks peeps,

it was a bit of a battle to get there but hey ho jobs a good un. metro centre here I come......... :-))))

Cheers Malmorrison
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

Hey Mal,enjoy your hols.

RVI is ran very military IMO and very ship shape,super sterile aswell.The dialysis wards are bays of 6 chairs and your all put on at the same time ,staff are nice,no tv though so bring your own entertainment.They send the most stable patients to RVI as there isnt a permanent renal doctor there.

enjoy the metro centre xxx
pocketwilson

Post by pocketwilson »

Hey Squiggles, have you stated Dialysis yet then? I am still waiting!! We should have another NE meet up!
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

Hi PW,im now transplanted but i did do a couple of months on dialysis through a neckline while waiting for everything to get sorted out as my remaining kidney function crashed overnight.
Last edited by squiggles on Sat May 22, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pocketwilson

Post by pocketwilson »

Congratulations on the translpant!! I had no idea! If we can get enough people interested, we could always make the meet up closer to you to save the journey. After all, its only fair as you all came to Darlington last time. Anyone else fancy a NE meet up?
helenb

Post by helenb »

hey squiggles thats great you got tx!

bad news about your job though, hope you get another one soon xx

i would be up for meet depending when/where etc :)