Happy Thanksgiving :0)

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Rik

Happy Thanksgiving :0)

Post by Rik »

I know last year Rachel in NY initiated the wish that all have a great thanks giving ...
so this year I think we in the UK should start the wish that those across the pond the very best of wishes and hope that their day goes well ...

I might add that my wife is over in the US to enjoy Thanks Giving too ... I believe that she is currently in NY helping the US economy by buying up half of the ladies shoe department and most of the handbags in Maceys ... I understand that after that a major shopping outlet centre is going to have its annual income doubled in a day when 'The Girls' arrive!!!!!
why they couldnt just go down to Brent Cross I dont know!!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL
claire

Post by claire »

Yeah why not, HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Nice call Rik..

Claire xxx
Cheryl in CT

Post by Cheryl in CT »

Well, thanks, Rik. Spent the whole holiday giving thanks - well, not really, but a little!

As I mentioned to my daughter, perhaps it's the Brits who should be giving thanks that some of us had ancestors who decided to pick up & leave way back when! (My own family was from Salisbury & left on the "2nd ship" in something like 1630.) Who knows how different things might be if they had stuck around!

Turning the ship around, dear daughter is still in the UK... She has finally finished her degrees and is now just waiting for the final marks on her Masters thesis - due in December, I believe. She's still living in York & is working as a bartender/waitress. (Yep, that's what Mark & I spent all that money for - all those lovely degrees in BARTENDING! Sigh.) Right now, she's happy & healthy & having fun, so what the hey... For that, I'm thankful!

Also thankful to have Cam home from college for a few days. He's having lots of fun in Boston, but it's nice to have him (and a number of his local friends) here again for a bit. Livens things up, that's for sure - and has me cooking again (and changing sheets & towels, and doing heaps of laundry, etc, etc, etc.) For a few days, tho, it's fun.

As always, much to be thankful for - and I am.

Lots of love,
Cheryl
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

Thanks... havent' been on this site in a bit but good to see the americans are still remembered ;)

So that's where the shoes went.... tut tut tut.

Happy holidays to all!
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."