My daughter's had a transplant

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mother

My daughter's had a transplant

Post by Mother »

We got the call on Friday evening around 5pm, shortly after we'd arrived in Bridlington for a weekend away. My husband set off with her immediately and made it to Nottingham in less than 3 hours (we're expecting some speeding tickets) while I packed up the dialysis machine, fluid etc etc and my brother drove me home.

In the end they didn't do the transplant until 8.30 am on Saturday. It's a good match - 5/6 though there was some undefined reaction on the blood crossmatch but not enough for them not to go ahead.

The operation was a success and the kidney started producing urine immediately. So far it's been a 'textbook transplant' and long may it be so. She was eating and drinking that evening and has since been thrilled to be able to have chocolate pudding, cheese omelettes and lots of other things that were restricted before.

She's still in the Paediatric High Dependency unit connected to drips, drains etc, but the kidney is passing urine well and we're hopeful. So keep your fingers crossed for her, and I hope those of you who are still waiting get a call soon. She had been on dialysis for almost 2 and a half years - quite a long time for a child, and on the transplant list for 20 months.
tommc

Post by tommc »

Thats wonderful news. So pleased for you all. My best wishes and happiest thoughts for you all. :D:D:D:D:D:D
Tom
Transplanted 31/05/09

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk
Elaine

Transplant

Post by Elaine »

Good news that your daughter has had a transplant
Hope all continues to go well for her :D

take care best wishes Elaine & Rach x
Andy

Post by Andy »

Such great news, so pleased for your daughter and for you as a family! xx
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Sue

Post by Sue »

Such terrific news, so glad your daughters transplant is going well, sending really good wishes to you all.

Sue
cindywoolley

Post by cindywoolley »

So pleased to hear about your daughter's transplant and am keeping everything crossed that it is plain sailing here on in.
golightly

Post by golightly »

Brilliant news! Am really pleased for you. x
http://questforakidney.blogspot.com
www.hollycocker.com

Received new kidney (kasper) on 17.10.08 from wonderful friend Oli after 5 years on dialysis. I'm 24 and living in London.
Ruth H

Post by Ruth H »

Yeah! Great news - hope it continuous to go well. Rxx
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

really amazing news!

Hope it continues for many more years

:)
jomc

Post by jomc »

Great news - long may it last and i hope all goes really well for the future - a good Christmas coming your way i feel.

john
trish263

Post by trish263 »

that brillian news xxxxxxxxx
Good luck to every one xx
xXx Holz xXx

Post by xXx Holz xXx »

Great news! x
Holly Shaw

Please visit my blog: https://transplanttantrumsandtiaras.wordpress.com
laurajadedaniels

Post by laurajadedaniels »

great news..hope she's soon home!

i gather your daughter is in nottingham city? we live in nottingham me and mike! well just outside of nottingham.

x
Laura

Facebook