Holly (Shaw) has had a transplant

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

Holly (Shaw) has had a transplant

Post by Mike »

Hi all,

Just read this on holly's blog!
SATURDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2008
Emily here! I've hijacked Holly's blog (I promise she asked me to do it!) in order to bring you the most exciting news!

Holly texted me yesterday saying she had been called with the news that they might have a kidney for her. Many hours passed with no news until we got the fantastic message that the transplant was going ahead! She came out of surgery in the early hours of the morning and everything went well.

Even more amazingly, I later received a text from Holly herself! She is doing ok, a little saw and feeling “quite dopey” but is sounding like her usual positive self. The kidney has not yet started working – this is quite normal, as it often takes a little while for the new organ to get going – but please send her all the positive vibes you can.

I will update here on Holly’s behalf but hopefully that won’t be for very long at all as the lady herself will be back as soon as she can.

Thank you for all your support for this wonderful lady – we are so proud to have her as a LLTGL advocate.

Emily
Congratulations to Holly and hope her kidney starts working soon!!!!
Last edited by Mike on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Numero Uno
Head Honcho
Top dog
laurajadedaniels

Post by laurajadedaniels »

good on her..about time she got a transplant!!!

hope your soon home holly! x
Laura

Facebook
golightly

Post by golightly »

i just read this too and am absolutely thrilled! such great news!! ran all the way downstairs to tell my family which wasn't easy with all the staples in my tummy (had a transplant a week ago!) hope to see you on here soon hol!

xxxxx
http://questforakidney.blogspot.com
www.hollycocker.com

Received new kidney (kasper) on 17.10.08 from wonderful friend Oli after 5 years on dialysis. I'm 24 and living in London.
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Wooooooohooooooo! I am just sooo pleased for Holly, she so deserves this. Fingers, eyes and everything crossed for a speedy recovery and thanks to Emily and Mike for passing on the good news.

Lots of love

Lorna
xxxxxxxxxx

PS Just realised something.... if Holly didn't get her transplant til the early hours of today, that means she has the same transplantiversary as me :D :D :D
Last edited by Lorna on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
res

:)

Post by res »

What great news. About time! I'm really glad Holly has had her transplant and I hope things go well over the next few days and the kidney wakes up okay. And to anyone else waiting, all the best and fingers crossed for others out there.

Lots of love,

Rachel and Stevie :) x x
tommc

Post by tommc »

Woo Hoo Holly thats great news im so happy for you :D:D:D:D:D
Transplanted 31/05/09

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk
Elaine

Hollys transplant

Post by Elaine »

So pleased to hear Holly has got a transplant know been waiting a while and really hope that all goes well for her. Our thoughts and prayers and positive vibes to you and your family and to the donor/family too sure emotional time for everyone-keep positive.....

best wishes and hugz Elaine & Rachael & family xx

ps Hoping others' waiting for that important transplant comes soon... as know can be emotional time reading about others' recieving 'the gift of life'..
trigger

Post by trigger »

WOW what fantastic news. im all goose bumpy. good on yer holly you deserve it. hope you recovery goes excellently and you are soon up and about. praying for a speedy recovery
trigger and triggers better half xxx
hubby had transplant 26.08.06
Andy

Post by Andy »

****OMG****

I am sooo excited, this is such great news!! So glad you've recieved a new kidney and hope it starts weeing soon.

I am so excited for you, so I cant imagine how excited you were/ are!

great news hun.

Love
Andy xx
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
poppet

Post by poppet »

That is excellent news. So pleased for her. :)
shippers

Post by shippers »

Great news, very chuffed for you Holly.
Not long til mine, 7th Nov!
Bring it on!
Laura

Post by Laura »

Congratulations Holly!

Hope you go from strength to strength xx
trish263

Post by trish263 »

Congrat and a speedy recovery xxx

Tracey
Good luck to every one xx
MandyV

Post by MandyV »

Fabulous news - hope it starts working soon, at least Jen's experience should demonstrate that it is not unusual to be a bit sleepy!!!
Cath

Post by Cath »

Wow! Holly that is amazing news! I'm so excited for you.

Hope your kidney starts working soon and you're able to come on here and let us know how you are yourself.

Take care

Cath x