Hepatitis B

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Andy

Hepatitis B

Post by Andy »

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had their Hepatitis B vacinne, and if so did you become immune to it.

Working in health Care I had to have mine, however after the usual corse and rapid course I still have not become immune to it, so they have classed me as a non responder. I wondered if any one else has had this problem? Of it they have had to have the vaccine.

Do you think it is to do with my immuno supressants??

Cheers
Andy x
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
lashy

Post by lashy »

oh poops!!
Sorry to interupt your thread but you have just reminded me that I did not go back to have a blood test after my full course of the Hep vaccine. I just presumed that as I had had the full dose I would be ok....silly moo!
Emma x
diandy

Post by diandy »

HI Andy,

My Andy is classed as a non-responder too however is due for his booster soon. The renal team, occupational health and gp all seemed quite casual about it.

di xx
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Andy,

I had mine at the same time as I was on a course of high dose pred and then Cyclosporine. I had the 1st jab then 2 boosters and after the blood test had no antibodies so tried another vaccine (I think there were 2 different ones). Same as before no antibodies after the course.

They then decided to try the first course again and it coincided with me stopping the immunosuppressants and at the end I did have antibodies. It wasn't until very recently I realised that it must have been because I was on the pred/cyclo so my immune system didn't respond to it at all.

Mike
Numero Uno
Head Honcho
Top dog