Ahhh freakinnn outtttt

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

xotrueeloveeox

Ahhh freakinnn outtttt

Post by xotrueeloveeox »

So this morning Hershey called, and said that they have a kidney readily available for TODAY. There is a girl worse then me but the woman from the transplant team said that she probably wont be a match, which leaves me. The other girl has PRA? Whatever that means. I'm not to sure. I'll find out at 12 this afternoon to whether I am going to hershey today to get my new kidney =]

It's a little nerve wracking. And if this does happen, I have my sidekick to keep in touch with everyone..and let everyone know whats going on. Some helpful words would be nice, considering I am, only 16, I'm FREAKING OUT

Thank you,
Andrea
xXx Holz xXx

Post by xXx Holz xXx »

WOW! Great news!

Heres hoping it goes ahead! Take care and let us know how u get on!

Good Luck x
Holly Shaw

Please visit my blog: https://transplanttantrumsandtiaras.wordpress.com
Elaine

Good Luck

Post by Elaine »

Good luck to you hope that it works out for you and transplant goes ahead.My daughter was 17 when she had her transplant and appreciate how nevrous you may feel -only natural...Let us know if poss .... :D

best wishes Elaine & Rach xx
amanda in CA

Post by amanda in CA »

PRA stands for panel reactive antibody and which affects whether someone can receive a transplant. I have a high PRA of 99% which means that if they were to test me against the population this antibody would react against 99% of the population thus making it very difficult to transplant me. It may well be your lucky day and I wish you all the best.
tommc

Post by tommc »

Good luck hope you get it.
Transplanted 31/05/09

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk
lashy

Post by lashy »

everything crossed for you!!! hope it goes well xxx
xotrueeloveeox

Post by xotrueeloveeox »

It didnt work out...first off the kidney was damaged, which I understand, but they also said that I have to much clotting and that my blood is to malnurished. But what realllly irritates me is why they would even call knowing that I wasnt allowed to recieve it at this very moment anyway. They should have looked at my records. The transplant team didnt call my nephrologists to make them aware of this, and if they had they would have known that I couldnt have gotten the transplant.

I just want to know, what makes a doctor NOT LOOK AT RECORDS OR BLOOD WORK TO SEE IF YOU ARENT A CANDIDATE. I am so pissed right now. Yesterday was possibly the worst day of my life. It was so tangible, then it was just taken away. I am grateful that I didnt get a damaged kdney, cause that would have had so many other problems but my goodness, there was obviously stuff written in my records of clotting and malnurished blood.

Anyway, thanks for everyones good wishing..
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hey Andrea,
Really sorry that it didn't work out. Must be so heart breaking.

Take care, keep your chin up.

Andy xx
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
xXx Holz xXx

Post by xXx Holz xXx »

Sorry to hear it didn't work out! Things happen for a reason... I know it's no consolation right now.

Take care x
Holly Shaw

Please visit my blog: https://transplanttantrumsandtiaras.wordpress.com
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

hi

I am really sorry to hear this didn't work out for you.

Just a point about your bloods-- your chemistry etc. can change quite a bit between blood tests and often they can't say for certain if you wouldnt be a candidate until you get there and get your bloods done that day. For example, malnourishment (measured by a lack of blood protein) can be influenced by what you have been eating.

I do hope you get another chance soon

Jen
xotrueeloveeox

Post by xotrueeloveeox »

They told me my lack of protein had nothing to do with my eating habits, they said it was because my kidneys are just flushing my body rid of the protein..
~G~

Post by ~G~ »

I'm so sorry it didn't work out. Think of it this way, if the kdiney was damaged, it would've caused issues later on. You're better off waiting a bit more for a perfect one. As far as your malnourished blood, will that hold u off from receiving another one? Bc most kidney patients don't have 'great blood' but it all works itself out.

I wish you the very best and hope you get more good news soon - its still May ;)
xotrueeloveeox

Post by xotrueeloveeox »

Well what they are going to do now, is have my kidneys removed, and then do dialysis for the two weeks that it will take to heal, then I will take my moms kidney...I guess it would work out better this way..