Travel insurance premiums

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JanA

Travel insurance premiums

Post by JanA »

hi folks - I've just been trying to get a quote for travel insurance for a week's holiday in France (my husband has been on CAPD for 6 months). Last year we got a good deal with Age Concern who did a medical screen and loaded the excess rather than the premium.
This year, now that he has actually started the dialysis, they refused us insurance and directed us to Free Spirit where the premium has come out at £125. THat seems so high and I wondered if anyone knows where I might get a better quote -or is that what I should expect?!
JanA

Post by JanA »

sorry folks - have just found a thread to give me some more suggestions -should have checked first!! Any more ideas will be gratefully received though..