Portable IV stand

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JanA

Portable IV stand

Post by JanA »

hi there - we're just planning a holiday to France and trying to cover all the things we need to take for CAPD. Has any one found a reasonably priced folding IV stand - thought it would be useful item for hanging the bags rather than over the end of a door!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Would a tripod substitute. Some of them are very lightweight, fold down & reasonable price:) Just a thought.

For instance this:
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product ... s_id=99654
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
amanda in CA

Post by amanda in CA »

I always used the suction hooks with the hook which folds down once to secure the suction pad once you have stuck it to something. I wouldn't advocate regular suction hooks because they don't have a strong enough suction. they will stick sufficiently to any smooth shiny surface. I would use the hotel pictures, windows or doors to stick them on. Much smaller and much cheaper.
Helen Rambaut

Post by Helen Rambaut »

Any good at DIY?

My husband made a piece of wood with a lip to hang over doors etc. and screwed a cup hook into it.

Better still If I can find it would you like it?

send me a pm

Helen
kiskeam

Post by kiskeam »

I take picture hooks with me and bash them into the wall above the bed or wereever I'm doing my dialysis. No body notices them and I remove them when I leave.

I find the brass one with 2 pins work the best and have always held my 2ltr bags.
Claire
Jax

Post by Jax »

Kiskeam - you have made me laugh! 'bash them into the wall' eh? but it is a good idea :D

I have bought some 's' shaped hooks which easily hang just about everywhere and take up no room in your luggage. At home I also created my own stand - using a line prop which you can adjust the height of, and made a base for it.

But if going away you could just take the prop and concoct a base when you get there....... for example, you could get a big empty plastic bottle, cut it open, fill with sand and stick the prop into it. You can always use the prop as a walking aid on your journey too :)

Let us know what you do and how your holiday goes.

Jax :D