PD training,

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

PD training,

Post by Mike »

Hi Everyone,

I had my first day of training today and so far I've done 3 exchanges. I've got to do the first one on my own tonight but I think I'll be ok as it all written down so I should be fine.

I also gave myself my first ever epo shot! I was so nervous before putting the needle in but it was absolutely painless so i didn't need to be so apprehensive. I have a reco-pen so it is really easy!

It feel a bit strange as I feel really bloated and will take some getting used to. I had a little bit of sharp pain at the end of the drain but from what i understand that is normal.

Thet said they don't usually allow you to do an exchange on your own un til the 2nd day of training but they felt I had learnt so much (that's thanks to all of you for your amazing advice) that they were happy to let me do it myself tonight :D :D

They are coming back tomorrow with a 2nd bag warmer that i can use at work which is just great and my work is going out of their way to help me out with a private place to do the exchange.

I have however got to have another iron iv, it was only a few months ago that I had the last one and they told me it should last at least 9-12 months?

I don't know how long it will be before I start to feel much better but at least I am on my way now.

Mike :D :D :D
Andy

Post by Andy »

Well good luck with your evening exchange I'm sure all will go well.

I hope it is not too long before you start to feel better.

Glad your hospital could get you a second warmer a lot of places wont even let you have one!

Good luck and if you encounter any problems write back and we will be more than pleased to help.

Take Care
Love
Andy
x x x
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Elaine

good luck ;)

Post by Elaine »

Good luck Mike sure u be fine but if u need any advise / info feel free to post messages lots of people able to assist ;)

best wishes Elaine :D
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Glad its going well Mike and hope it continues that way:D

Cheers
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast