On the list and dialysis to start

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

kim

On the list and dialysis to start

Post by kim »

I know it has been awhile since I posted. Many of you may not know me. I like to do an update from time to time just to keep everyone informed. I just got the news last week that I am officially on the transplant list. My sister is going next week to do testing for the live donor process. I was told today that I need to begin dialysis immediately as I only have 8% kidney function left. It has been alot to take in in a week, but it is all moving forward. For this, I am grateful! I am also grateful that although I do feel ill much of the time, there are so many problems many have voiced here that I have not had! Most of all I want to thank all of you that have been there for me through the years. There have been many ups and downs for all of us. For those of you who are fairly new here.....this is the place to be. Everyone is awesome and I couldn't have made it this far without everyone!!! (((((((Hugs)))))))
sporti

Post by sporti »

Hi Kim

Good luck to you and i hope all goes well with your sister.

Take care
Rik

Post by Rik »

hey KimKam glad to read your update :0)
chuffed your officially on the list hun and hope your sisters tests go well in order for a great match lady :0)
I hope you settle into dialysis Ok and you start to feel the benifit of it quickly :0)
take care lady and more of your updates please!!!!
:0)XXX
nellylela

Post by nellylela »

hey kim, great to hear from you again.. glad you're on the list now, and as rik said (he actually said something that made sense!!!!!! :shock: ) hope you settle into dialysis and its not too rough on you. good luck for your sisters tests xx
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." James M. Barrie
~G~

Post by ~G~ »

Hey Kimbers!!! :)

Glad you're on the list.. and hopefuly you'll get the call or your sister will be a match - sooner rather then later. Its great to have that backukp isn't it? When are you starting dialysis? Or have you already started? I hope it goes smoothly.. Rachel sends you her love and she will get in touch with you one of these days.

Take care!!!

G
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

congrats for being on the list :)

hope dialysis works out ok for you xxx
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Glad things are moving forward Kim:)

Keep in touch..:)

Jxx
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Kim,

Good to see you're on the transplant list, hope your wait is short. :D

Hope the dialysis doesn't wash you out.

Take care,
Steve
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~
My Band myspace!
nicola

Post by nicola »

Hi Kim

I just wanted to say good luck with your sister and hope you find diaylsis ok, once you have settled into it you will start to feel better, i have been diaylsing for nearly a year and feel really good, im getting a good session each time i go and its helping me to keep well, as long as i try not to be around ill people but im managing to work part time 5 morns a week and diaylsis seems to be slotting into my life not the other way round, i can honestly say which does seem odd to say but its good, i know it doesnt work like that for everyone but it does help you to lead some kind of live which is better than some people have, i have been on the txp list since june last yr and have stopped panic ing when the damm phone goes in the eve, just remember to take your mobile with you where ever you go, i have mine with me at work and even on the unit, cos you never know.

anyway good luck and keep in touch, this really is a great site !
Nicky x
BusyBee

Post by BusyBee »

Hope everything works out for you, keeping my fingers crossed for you
Melx
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hey Kim,

Long time no see - sorry that you have to start, but I think you will feel better when you get going - even if you don't think you feel ill now.

Good luck with the transplant, hope that comes soon.

Hal x