Living Donation Article

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Hal

Living Donation Article

Post by Hal »

Hi All,

Don't post here much these days... but my cousin in NYC sent me a link to an article she read in the New York Times about the dilemnas of organ donation - for recipients and donors.

I thought I would post it as I think it's very well written and looks at thing from an intellectual point of view - well the author is a psychiatrist and kidney recipient!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/16/magaz ... ney-t.html

Take care all.

Cheers,

Hal.
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

Hi Hal,

thanks for the link, it makes really great reading and captures perfectly the emotions of going through living donation & the search for a kidney!

x
Ruth H

Post by Ruth H »

Thanks Hal, shows that these things are never predictable!
R
helenb

Post by helenb »

that was a really good read. thanks :)
Rik

Post by Rik »

good article Hal ...
maybe I have missed it being mentioned ... but did anyone in the UK see this the other day on the TV news?? ... Grandmother donates kidney to complete stranger
SamD

Post by SamD »

Thanks for the link. A good read.
kiskeam

Post by kiskeam »

Thanks for posting this, I thought it was very thought provoking. I've posted it on to my hopeful donor. I think everyone who is thinking of becoming a living donor should read it.
Claire
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

Hey nice story :) thanks for sharing it :)