Renal Patient View down in Leeds.... :-(

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

frostybee32

Renal Patient View down in Leeds.... :-(

Post by frostybee32 »

Just a bit of a moan really (blame the perpetual rain here in Yorkshire :-( .....Went to clinic today and found my kidney function has deteriorated again (24 % in May from 32% in March (but these results are 2 months old from last time i went) but he said he would know more (how close im getting to ESRF) from these results today (it could improve somewhat with new med's) so went on tonight to find there having severe technical problems and it could be days before results are up.....no big deal but i just hate knowing they know my results and i dont lol :cry:
"There are two kinds of people; those who are always well and those who are always sick. Most of the evils of the world come from the first sort and most of the achievement from the second"
Elaine

RPV

Post by Elaine »

South West Bristol also had same for good 2weeks or so with 'technical problems' etc. Can be frustrating but know Drs 'usually' ring if any real problems etc although can be pain waiting!

Hope RPV be back up n running VERY soon. If you desperatley want results sure your unit would look your results up if get chance.

all best Elaine :D
frostybee32

Post by frostybee32 »

Thanks Elaine.....actually just as i finished posting i checked again (i dont know why) and the sign has gone saying they have severe technical difficulties so fingers crossed.....maybe in the next couple of days :-)
"There are two kinds of people; those who are always well and those who are always sick. Most of the evils of the world come from the first sort and most of the achievement from the second"
Anonymoose

Post by Anonymoose »

Frosty

Are you still having problems or is it OK? Was it just the sign on the front page, or were you missing data?

The system was grinding a bit during June, but as from July 1st should be updating much more rapidly.

Anon
daz33

Post by daz33 »

We don't have Renal Patient View in Sheffield yet. Can you see all your results on line? A couple of times I have been for a check up and found some of my results had changed from previous levels but had not been noticed for 6 weeks.
Marion

Post by Marion »

RPV is back up and running in my area (SW Thames) as of last night.:D Hope yours will follow very soon. They've certainly had a few problems - it's been down for more than a week here.

Marion
frostybee32

Post by frostybee32 »

hi Anon

It was a sign on the front page (after you sign in) in big bold red letters saying they'd been having severe techincal problems but were working on a solution and asked for our patience as they have a huge back-log to sort through.
My results are still not up ;-( i guess they have a back-log to sort first
I still cant understand why all major Renal units havent got Patient view-everyone has a right now to know and see there own results and especially with renal problems as its a long process,treatment and recovery and who would NOT want to be able to log online the day after they see there consultant and know what there recent results are.....stops a lot of worry and you just feel part of your treatment etc etc After all-it is us who have Renal disease/failure isnt it?? why should everyone else know how your doing except us?
Come on all you lagging behind renal units.....your patients want whats rightfully theirs!!! (not shouting at anyone on here-just the units and the people at the top themselves)
Really hope you get it soon in Sheffield soon-yes you can see every blood result from Creatinine to phosphate,urea, wbc,platelets,pcr etc as well as it lists all your current medication (usually,mine hasnt yet) your diagnosis and current therapies and other links to help you as well. Good luck and ask them about it next time you go,the more people that want it,maybe the more units will set it up??
Anonymoose

Post by Anonymoose »

Frosty

Since the system seems to be back to normal, and the notice has been removed, then your details should be on. You might want to chase it up with your unit.

Daz

Its on its way (all be it a bit slowly ;-))

Anon
frostybee32

Post by frostybee32 »

Yeah, iv'e got a few results on now,still quite a number missing (the ones i want lol) but at least there dribbling through now
Have a great weekend everybody :-)
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

hi, I'm in leeds and haven't seen any problems with my last clinic visit 10 days ago.

jen
frostybee32

Post by frostybee32 »

I think it was just in last few days JenJen....but it seems to be picking up now :-)
marier

Post by marier »

We did have RPV in Teesside, but the girl who did it has left and they are not going to replace her. I now have to ring the GP or the Consultant's secretary to get my results. Its not a satisfactory solution and I am finding it quite frustrating because the GP doesnt have the phosphate results in the same format as RPV and the Secretary just says something like 'their normal'.
Dont let a little thing like kidney disease hold you back
Tranplant November 24th 2012. Thank you so much, donor family.