RECENTLY ON DIALYSIS

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

CHRISEVANS

RECENTLY ON DIALYSIS

Post by CHRISEVANS »

HAVEHAD MANY DIFFICULTIES SINCE DIALYSIS IN JANUARY, TAKE EACH DAY AT A TIME. FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO WALK LEGS VERY WEAK.CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ADVICE ABOUT RESTLESS LEGS, ARMS ETC I FEEL I AM GOING MAD SOMETIMES WITH IT. HELP PLEASE. FIRST LOG TODAY AND I HOPE I GET SOME FEEDBACK :) :D
I AM AT THE STAGE OF HAVING A FISTULA COMPLETED WHICH IS GROWING AND THROBBING!! CREATANINE LEVEL JUST UNDER 400. HAVING EPO WEEKLY INJECTIONS, AND IRON BY INJECTION ON 6 WEEKLY BASIS. FEELING FINE AT PRESENT, LONG MAY IT CONTINUE
tommc

Post by tommc »

Talk to you consultant about your restless legs i had them still get it and take clonamazepan. I believe others have the same problem.
Transplanted 31/05/09

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk
kim

Post by kim »

I use a heating pad on my legs. Not sure why this helps, but it's the only thing that allows me to sleep when my legs get started!!! Maybe it will help for you too :D good luck!!
Marion

Post by Marion »

Tamazepam works for me for a few weeks at a time. 20 mg. At the moment I am trying Gabapentin as I get virtually no sleep because of RLS. It seems things work for a few weeks and then stop working.So now I rotate drugs and things are fine. When one stops working I use another and then back to the original. It works for me. :D

Hope you get it sorted soon but do get your consultant to do something about it - there is no need to suffer like that. I know how it feels when RLS is a severe problem! Good luck.

Marion.