I need your help

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Tommy

I need your help

Post by Tommy »

It's been a long while since I posted on here, but I have been (silently) following most of the threads.

I am going to run the Great North Run this year in aid of Kidney Research UK with my daughter Amy.
Amy was diagnosed with Kidney Disease in 2005, luckily and I hope this gives some hope to some of you, her condition is in remission and she is leading a normal (salt free) life with just 6 monthly check-ups

Last year Amy was too weak from her illness, but her sister and me managed to raise £1700, this year our target is much lower, but hopefully with your help, who knows, we may get there again.

So if you fancy sponsoring a complete stranger, please visit our sponsorship page at www.justgiving.com/runningwithamy and be as generous as you can.
The web page also tells a bit more of the story - take a look (it beats working!) and while you're there please feel free to make a donation.

Thanks for reading this far.

Thank you for your support

Mike and Amy
Only you, can decide whether it is going to be a good day or a bad day.

www.justgiving.com/runningwithamy
lashy

Post by lashy »

i tried to sponsor but have a new card and have to re register i willget round to it later
good luck
take care and all keep well
emma x
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thank-you (you know who you are)

Quick update - just passed the first 100 mile mark in our training runs.
Everything is holding together pretty well and there is some serious dad/daughter bonding going on too!
(It might not be the easiest way, but it certainly gets your teenager talking to you!! ) :D

Elaine

good luck

Post by Elaine »

Best of luck for your sponsered event.
Sure all ffor a good cause.
Best wishes Elaine & Rach :D
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Just a quick update - and a mugshot.

We are now running 3 three times a week and building up the mileage as we go. A couple of weeks back we made the news in the local press who came around and took some photos of us which appeared in the papers. (and brought us a few more offers of sponsorship - as well as a plug for Kidney Research UK)

So, just so you know who we are, this is us in our Kidney Research training T-shirts.

(Just realised I have no idea how to get a photograph from my hard drive to appear on this board, having spent the last half hour trying and failing.)
So, message board experts what do I need to do to make the link?

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Have given you money:)

Feel free to make a small donation via the link provided below.

Gotta keep the money flowing & Gordon happy:p
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast