New couple to the forums

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Rik

Post by Rik »

FANTASTIC NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and what a WONDERFUL date too ... Keats and I salute you for choosing a memorable date ...
June 2nd is our transplantaversary too :0)

hope all is well and you are settling down into a steady routine ... I remember the first month or so was kinda busy with trips to clinic etc ...
I wish Phil and his new transplanted buddies all the best for a long and problem free time together :0)
TJ

Post by TJ »

Many, many congratulations to you both!! Such fab news. Here's to new opportunities and a wonderful dialysis free life.
Take lots of care
TJ
res

Congrats

Post by res »

Just wanted to add my best wishes, it's always great to hear through the forum when there has been a transplant. Get well wishes to Phil, I hope things continue to go smoothly in your recovery, and best wishes to Kate as well. I hope you keep us all updated about how things are.

Best Wishes,

res x :)
shelby

Post by shelby »

Husband had oxford kidney and pancreas tx jan this year he was only on the list from aug the year before.
So keep fingers crossed.
And i think it is normal 3rd time lucky.
Shelly
Kate_and_phil_uk

Post by Kate_and_phil_uk »

Wow, you are all wonderful, we like to think it gives hope to those of you who are waiting.
Phils now been transplanted for a month and things are running really smoothly his creatinine level pre dialysis was 800 - 900 it's now.....wait for it...........126!! Incredible huh? His pancreas is also tip top and he's munching his way though a couple of chocolate a day...why? Because he can!! no more insulin etc....still being monitored twice a week at the moment but that will drop to once a week soon.
I don't mind his chocolate munches except it starts me off hehehe and he needs the weight gain lmao I don't!!
Any hoo if anyone needs to ask questions etc...please please do.
[email protected] for quicker replies :)
Kate xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elaine

post transx

Post by Elaine »

Good to here all going well for you both.

Yummy choccy :P ! lol

Take care best wishes Elaine :D
lashy

Post by lashy »

what fantastic news!! I am so happy for the both of you. After all the excitement and worry of the last few weeks I am sure you are ready for a 'normal' time now. We are going to Florida for christmas with our children to celebrate Chris's transplant. this time last year we could not even think of going anywhere he was so ill and dialysing 3 days a week. here's to your future...cheers!
emma x