whoooooo I GOT THE CALL

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

claire

whoooooo I GOT THE CALL

Post by claire »

Hi everyone

I'm pleased to say I got "the call" from Oxford. :o It was Sunday 5am, the phone rings, but my partner ignored it, then my mobile rings, he answered it and tells the lady that I'm asleep, the lady said better get her up so by this point I'm up, answer phone its Oxford Transplant Centre anyway intructions given and were off to Oxford :lol: . We get there at 6.30am, we wait around because there's 2 pancreas and 2 sets of kidneys ??? I think.

We see a cuffufle of people, 1 man is late arriving for the pancreas so the other man goes down for it then the surgeon has a problem with him :cry: so calls for the 1st man to go down, at which point he's gone home :x , then I get my blood results back and guess what no its not my day, blinkin blood results, so the lady who has not even arrived yet has first dibs on my er no the organs. :(

When the organs arrived they passed my partner, what my partner should have done was, no can't say that [b]he he he.[/b]

So I'm back to square 1 again, waiting.

But I don't mind, no I don't because Dr said because my blood results didn't match the kidney would have died and I'd be back where I started.

So the moral of this story is you never know whats round the corner.

I hope the lady who had the organs is doing ok.

Claire xx[b][/b]
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hey Claire ...
so sorry it just wasnt your time this time ...
hope your OK ... and you get another call really soon ...
{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGZ}}}}}}}}}}}}
Rik
:0)XXX
lashy

Post by lashy »

i am sorry this happened. fingers crossed for next time
emma x
wing

Post by wing »

So sorry that you went through this Claire.
As you say though, better to have known at this stage that it wasn't suitable rather than post-op.
Your turn will come.
Best wishes.
Elaine

transplant call

Post by Elaine »

Claire wishing you best of luck for next time round. soon hopefully..

Take care best wishes Elaine x ;)
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Claire, I have to say hats off to you for your brilliant attitude to the whole situation!!

I really do hope that you get another call really soon :)

Love from
ImageImage

Life is like a box of chocolates, you can never get enough
claire

Post by claire »

Hey guys

Thank you all so much for your lovely words, this will make me stronger I'm sure :)

And yes one of the nurses said that I'd get that call again before May is out!!!

I'm just popping out to see my renal consultant so wish me luck.

Claire xx
TJ

Post by TJ »

Hi Claire, sorry that it didn't happen for you this time. My husband was in the same situation last year, five weeks after his first unsuccessful call he had another and this time he was transplanted successfully. Although a little dissappointed at the time, he like you kept his chin up and just got on. We treated the first call as a trial run for the real event and I have to say second time around, because we had already been through the process, we knew what to expect and he was very calm and prepared ( as prepared as you can be anyway!!).Nine months on and he is doing fab. Hope your next call is not too long away.
Take lots of care.
TJ