HAPPY TRANSPLANTIVERSARY PAM - !!!!!!!!!!30 YEARS!!!!!!!!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

squiggles

Post by squiggles »

:D THATS A BIG WOW from me :D

heres to another 30 years :wink:
TJ

Post by TJ »

Many congratulations Pam, hope you celebrated in style!!!
Take care
tj
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Congratulations Pam! What an inspiration! Knowing that a transplanted kidney can last so long really gives us all some hope - well done! Hope you celebrated in style. Here's to the next 30 years...

Lots of love

Lorna
xxx
trigger

Post by trigger »

congratulations pam . gives hope for us all
i hope that hubbys lasts that long
hubby had transplant 26.08.06
nycpetit

Wow

Post by nycpetit »

That is super fantastic! Congratulations. How is the bean doing? I know that last year the creatinine was slowly rising. Has that stopped? Stabilized, gone down? I too have not been on much lately. I live on South Beach now (FL) and work as a pilates instructor! So I am not on the computer, or near one as much, very often. I need to check in more often. Congratulations again! Fantastic !!! :D
When we offer a hand, others are lifted.
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

:D :D :D
Pam
wooooooooooow 30 yrs what an achievement
reading this must give new comers a hope!!
hugs
Sue
MandyV

Post by MandyV »

Fantastic news - and so inspiring !
Mandy
Julie

Post by Julie »

Many congratulations Pam - here's to the next 30 :lol:

Love,
Julie
xxx
res

:D

Post by res »

Congratulations Pam on such an amazing achievement! :D

Bestest Wishes to you,

res x :D
Vikki

Post by Vikki »

Pam
You are always the person I think of when I think about my kidney as you have been a constant inspiration to me over the last year and continue to be so.
Lots of love
Vikki
xxxx
Even with your eyes closed, may you see the light at the end of the tunnel

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Thats pretty good, and it will cheer up someone I know that's waiting for a transplant. Must come & visit you at some point Pam :D

Happy Anniversary
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Pam

Post by Pam »

Hi again everyone!
I was able to get back on again and saw all the new messages...THANK YOU! Some of your messages really humbled me and they all blessed me very much!
As to how the transplant has lasted so long, I don't know. I wish I did! I attribute it to God's grace in my life and a really good match- just have to live one day at a time, I guess. I don't really think it is because of anything I did, other than take my meds and try to stay healthy....but we all do that-especially because we know what real illness is like.
I think about the family of the person who gave me this gift and how they are handling this day and it makes me think how fortunate I happen to be.
The creatinine is still around 2.6, but it is holding steady. I really don't think about it much-I've had so many good years, it would be selfish of me to feel "cheated" in some way because it might be failing after all this time!
Just wanted to thank you all for the thoughtful messages and good wishes! I love you guys!
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28