Hi All-

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

dklsenior

Hi All-

Post by dklsenior »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi this is my first day here and happens to be my birthday! I am 28 a mother of 2, Brittany is 12 and Rylee will be 2 next month. I was pregant with him when all this came about. I had high protein levels and they noticed that my kidneys were abnormal sized during my routine ultrasound. I was sent to the "specailist" and after delivery and biopsy it was said to be FSGS that was the problem. I stayed on seeing the doc and had occasional f/u appts. In dec of 06 I felt I wasnt getting the answers I wanted and decided to venture on a 2nd opinion. In Jan 07 I ment my new kidney doc and she was shocked I had not been told how far this was progressing. My GFR was 20 and she said I needed to prepare for dialysis. WHAT!! It was a shock. The other docs made me feel that if I took my meds I could live to be 80. So that was 2 1/2 months ago. I have had all my pre transplant work up tests and only have one left. I hope my sister is my match and I can avoid dialysis. I had a fistula placed 3 weeks ago and just try to take one day at a time. My husband has decided to separate from me at this time. I guess he has to pick the worst time (2nd next to each of my parents death) to be a selfish ASS. I work at a massage school that is closing at the end of the year. 2007 hasn't been the best but I plan to stay positive and be here for my kids. Anything you want to know just ask. Nice to read about you all.

Darlene
helenb

Post by helenb »

hey sorry your having a rough time of late. some people!!

i hope your sister is a match and it works out, sure it will.

take care
xx
lashy

Post by lashy »

I'm sorry to hear of all your bad news and luck but things can only get better,
emma x
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

Hiya,

Sory to hear that things are so tough - I hope your sister proves to be a good match - a good working transplant will make the world of difference.
Stay in touch and let us know how you get on.

Best of luck with everything
Nicky x
dklsenior

Post by dklsenior »

thank you I appriciate the welcome!
Darlene