night sweats again!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

lashy

night sweats again!

Post by lashy »

Hi
My boyfriend is 7 months post transplant. he is in hospital unfortunately as his temperature is up and down between 35 and 38.2. he has been having night sweats since transplant but now it is getting so bad hospital are having to change his bed clothes and pyjamas due to being saturated. I know its been discussed on here that this may be due to medication but still no answers. his creatinine went up to 196 yesterday the highest its been since transplant, the night before his transplant it was 994 so i know there is nothing too much to worry about there but if anyone has any ideas or solutions to temperature and night sweats it would be appreciated.
thanks Emma
res

night sweats

Post by res »

Hi there,

I am only speaking for myself, but I had night sweats too in the months after my transplant. However, these always tended to get worse if I had a temperature. With me it always seemed to be the case that as soon as the temperature began to settle then the night sweats eased off. When I was in hospital and my temperature was highest I used to wake up in the morning to soaked sheets and my hair stuck to my face. Yuck! I used to just run off to the shower room whilst the nurses were left with the task of changing the sheets.

I am now over a year and a half post transplant and no longer get night sweats. Hopefully when the hospital your boyfriend is at find out the cause of the temperatures, and they ease off, the night sweats should ease off too. Though I understand sometimes it's not that easy.

The other thread on night sweats should be useful too, and I probably should have replied in that one instead! :oops:

Anyway, all the best and I hope things soon improve for your boyfriend.

res x :)
lashy

Post by lashy »

thanks, he has been moved to manchester royal infirmary from our local hospital. they have realised it might be that he has not has his stent (spelling?) removed from the day of his his transplant and that may have caused an infection leading to his high temp and him not feeling very well. he should have had it out a few weeks after transplant but due to other probs he has not been able to have it out. there are a few transplants happening this weekend there but as soon as surgeon is available it is getting 'whipped' out!
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!