night sweats

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

nycpetit

Prograf

Post by nycpetit »

The burning sensations ARE from the Prograf/tacromilius. That I was told explicitly when immediately post-transplant. It lessens over time, and with the adjustment to it, but it does still affect me from time to time. I am about 2.5 years out now from my transplant. I still get the burning hands, feet, and sometimes shakes. Especially the latter if I get stressed.

As for the night sweats. It must be related to something we take. I get the night sweats in bouts, and they are horrible. I had them pre transplant as well, but I wasn't on dialysis. It's odd, and no one really has an explanation for it.
When we offer a hand, others are lifted.