Kidney Research UK - London Bridges Walk 24th June 2007

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Julie

Kidney Research UK - London Bridges Walk 24th June 2007

Post by Julie »

Hi all,

Myself and Lorna will be doing the London Bridges Walk on 24th June 2007 to raise much needed funds for Kidney Research UK.

If you wish to support either of us you can make donations here.....

http://www.justgiving.com/lornakemp

http://www.justgiving.com/julieyoung

Thank you in anticipation of raising loadsadosh for this incredibly worthwhile charity which is so close to all our hearts and lives.

Lots of love,
Julie and Lorna
nellylela

Post by nellylela »

good luck both

nelly
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." James M. Barrie
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

hi julie & Lorna

Good luck with this-- I'll donate some money soon as I get my wage through :wink:

jx
Julie

Post by Julie »

We just wanted to thank those of you who have donated so far..... Hal and Sue in Leicester..... thank you very much from the heart of our bottom. I did get that the right way around eh? :lol:

Now - what about the rest of you????? :wink: You guys know more than anyone what a good cause this is in aid of. :D

Loads of love,
Julie & Lorna
XXXXXXXXX
Rik

Post by Rik »

dont forget this too folks!!!!!!!!!!!
Bbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmpppppppp!!!!!!!!!
Rik

Post by Rik »

and bumpity bump ... to the top again ...
well done ladies ... I hope your already in training!!!!!!
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

woooohoooo! I've even made it into this week's edition of our local paper - they've run an article about me doing the Bridges Walk, so hopefully that will get a few more donations in!! (Don't worry Julie, you got a mention too LOL). They haven't got as far as getting this week's paper online yet (remember, I'm way out in the sticks here, we're a bit slow with things like that!) but I'll put the link up here as soon as I can :lol:

Lots of love

Lorna
xxx
Rik

Post by Rik »

wonderful!!!!
well done Lorna!!!!
any chance I can have your autograph before you become too famous???!!!!! :wink:
Julie

Post by Julie »

That is too funny Lorna - my name appearing in a newspaper in Aberdeen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loads of love,

Julie
XXX
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Well, here it is, my moment of fame - and it's a bit disappointing actually. I didn't say any of the things the journalist said I did and although I really pushed uk transplant and the need for more organ donors etc, he never mentioned that at all.

http://www.mearnsleader.com/viewarticle ... ionid=2562

And he's already written me off - he's referred to me as a "former kidney transplant patient" :lol:

As long as it gets a few more donations in though, I suppose that's all that matters :wink:

Lots of love

Lorna
xxx
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Hiya Lorna :D

I am doing something wrong here :cry: …………….here I sit 'WOW' Lorna in the news :D ………..great course ………….here we go lets see Lorna with her knickers on her head :lol: :wink: ……..NOPE the link didn’t work :roll: (or did little me do something wrong he he) :wink:
hugs
Sue
xxx
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Sue

The link works for me - maybe you need to be north of the border for it to work (I'll email it). And sorry, no knickers on head photos this time, I'm much more responsible and grown up these days!!

Lots of love

Lorna
xxxx
lashy

Post by lashy »

good luck to both of you
emma x
lashy
Rik

Post by Rik »

Sue ...
I was going to post a message saying that Lorna wearing knickers ... even on her head was a rare occasion ...
but I managed to stop myself from posting the message just in time!!!!!!!!!!!

pardon?? ... :o
what???!!!!!!! :!:
I DID post the message!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

erm ... :oops:

honest Lorna ... it wasnt ME that said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Rik

I have it on very good authority, that it isn't the wearing of knickers which is important. As long as a lady has on her lip-gloss, that's all that matters :wink:

Lots of love

Lorna
xxxx