Big question

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Horus

Big question

Post by Horus »

Hey guys, I'm a 33 year old male in Canada. I dont have diabetes or blood pressure issues, I have a clean diet and I lift weights and do cardio. I'm on a low dose of levothyroxine for low thyroid hormone, but other than that I'm perfectly healthy. I'm 6 feet 195 pounds.

I had some bloodwork done in November and everything was all good. I had the same work done last week just as a routine checkup. My creatinine came back at 156 and my eGFR at 50. I was well hydrated for the test.

Is there any explanation for these numbers other than kidney problems? I wont hear back from my doctor until some time next week, so I've been very worried since I received the results.

Thank you for any info.
wagolynn

Re: Big question

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Horus,
eGFR is notorious for being inaccurate, Creatinine, to some extent, is dependant on how much exercise you had a a day or so ago.
The numbers don't look bad, and worry is not going to solve anything.

Best wishes.