Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Louis_S

Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)

Post by Louis_S »

Hello all. I'm a 42 year old male with stage 3 CKD. I've been looking into TRT in order to address a long standing issue I've had with fatigue. My testosterone is at the low end of the normal range; however, a private clinic I have been speaking to are willing to treat me and bring my levels up to the upper end of the normal range.

The medical literature re the effects of TRT on CKD patients appears to be mixed and inconclusive. I'd like to know if any members of this forum are using TRT and what their experiences have been; specifically, whether there was a drop in kidney function as a result.

Many thanks

Louis