Coronavirus

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Thumps

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Thumps »

Thankfully my work can all be done remotely, so I doubt I'll be back to work in an office before 2021, which is a very odd thought.
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
Skm

Post by Skm »

So, here we go again. Not exactly a surprise but disappointing.
Any thoughts on if we will be shielding again? I’m still desperate to hug my children (in their late 20’s) but one is a nurse and another a teacher and both describe themselves as “a walking Corona virus risk” as far as I’m concerned.
Transplant May 2015
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

There's another press conference thing at 5. I wonder if we'll be seeing any mention of shielding in that.
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

I don't think the press conference will make much difference - I will continue shielding as best I can - any other just ain't worth the risk.
DeanH

Post by DeanH »

Hello all,

I hope you won't mind if I take a moment to bask in the glory that is a officially hot thread lol.

How are we all? I'm frankly bored with it all now!

My 3 year old went back to pre school a few weeks ago and is loving it, we are all going out much more and even venturing to places on trains which are empty strangely! I'm fortunate in that my employer (civil servant) are still telling 90% of the office to work from home (150 people) which is making much easier to be honest!

Hate the masks though, far too hot with facial hair!

Hope everyone is well and keeping safe in this brave new world.
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

I'm still not going indoors to bars or restaurants, but I am going into supermarkets and shops for short periods. Staying away (as in only meeting outside) from anyone who has children or works in hospitality or retail. In fact I'm social distancing from everyone except my husband and our bubble person, as she is quite health anxious.

I miss my life. Working from home is hard!
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Thumps,
Are you using a mask when shopping?
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

Yep. Always best to act like you have the thing and could give it to others, because that's how collectively we get it all done right.

I only wear a mask when I'm going inside somewhere.
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

Did everyone get their New Advice Email last night??
Rik

Post by Rik »

Yes.. got an email yesterday..
though I consider myself very lucky compared to many..
my company sent me home to work mid march..
am still working from home along with the other half..
we both work for the same place..
and they sent her home at the same time because of me..
Millimurvie

Post by Millimurvie »

Yes, got mine yesterday too. Pleased we can still go outside for walks ect......makes a lot of difference. Keep safe.
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

I have stuck to the shielding rules all the way through, my wife should also be classified but they don't want know.
Best wishes to all, and chin up etc....
Last edited by wagolynn on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Thumps wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:14 pm Did everyone get their New Advice Email last night??

Oooh no!

But i tend to get mine by letter.

Maybe tomorrow.

C
Transplanted Sept 1981

Still enjoying life like a 21 year old, or younger!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Got both the Gov and LA letter a few days ago.

I live in a high peak area but low case 'ward'. Still scary.

It suggests registering again https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-shielding-support

To be honest the 'local help' phonically were OK, my partner who has MS got nothing, and the food parcels were enough for a family of 4 (there's 2 of us) for about a month) and with tons of food completely unsuitable for a dialysis patient!! Having them turn up every week turned into a waste of time.
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Dialysis unit phoned today with results of Covid test (the unit started tests last Wednesday).

One patient on the evening shift has tested positive so the whole group has to self-isolate.