Hey everyone I am still alive!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

nycpetit

Hey everyone I am still alive!

Post by nycpetit »

I am fine! Sorry I didn't respond to a few things here. Things are very busy. Newly married, and trying to get around to see everyone. There's been some family drama going on, and I had to cancel our celebration. It's a shame but it's also created a lot of stress for me. My mother and stepdad, donor, refused to come to my own party if my aunt (mom's sister, who lives right near where the party was going to be) came. So I finally after much deliberation had to cancel it. It was extremely stressful, and my mom is still not speaking to me after two months now.

I've been in a bit of a huge depression. Seems odd timing, and I feel guilty to even say so. Thank you so much those of you who have written, Cheryl, Vikki, Nelly, Hal, and Ali. I will get back to all of you.

Health is okay. Although I have to say, I think tacro just adds to my overall anxiety. I feel like a little electric ball and all panicky all the time. Don't know if anyone else experiences that. And very tired a lot. Numbers are fine, maybe it's the meds.

So while much good has happened, it's been sadly not what I'd hoped. And I've been in a bit of a clinical dump lately. Since we may be moving very shortly, to Miami, I can't really get the help I need here right now. Finances are really bad too. And we are under pressure to leave our home, because I just can't afford it here in NY anymore.

I have been keeping up here. And will be by again very soon ! Thanks for thinking of me!
When we offer a hand, others are lifted.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

A huge warm, WELCOME BACK!
It just goes to show relatives are not sometimes there for you as they should, when things don't go according to plan.

Big hugs & I hope things improve. Leaving home & moving is stressful enough without having other things on your mind!

Sorry I didn't get in touch. I've been thhrough the wars as you [robably know & one of the most frustating things is forgetting people.

J
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Doolally

Post by Doolally »

Hi, thanks for posting with your news. Sorry life's so tough for you at the moment. It sounds like the drugs are taking their toll on you as it is and you could really do without the extra stress.

Don't worry about responding to my PM. Just take care of yourself.

Love and prayers, Ali xxxx
Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis (MCGN/MPGN) TYPE 1
Stage 5, nephrotic, hypoalbuminia, proteinurea, hypothyroidism, anemia, vitamin d deficiency
Ramipril, Levothyroxine, Ferrous Gluconate, Alfacalcidol, D3, Domperidone, Amitriptyline
Mike

Re: Hey everyone I am still alive!

Post by Mike »

Hi,

Good to see you back but sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having and I hope everything sorts itself out for you. Congratulations on getting married :)

As far as the tacro, I'm just under 5 months post tx so I am still on high doses but particularly the last few days I think my tacro level is a bit high as I have felt very on edge and the shakes are the worst they've been since the op! It's a bit funny though seeing other peoples reactions to me trying to pick up a drink without spilling it everywhere. :lol:

I hope you feel better, the other things going on in your life improve for you really soon plus good luck with the move to miami.

Hope to see you posting here again soon

Mike :D
Numero Uno
Head Honcho
Top dog