IGA Nethropathy (IGAN) Newly Diagnosed

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

SugaryBoosh

IGA Nethropathy (IGAN) Newly Diagnosed

Post by SugaryBoosh »

Hi

I am totally new to forums, so if this is in the wrong place or it already exists, please can someone point me in the right direction.

I was diagnosed with IGAN 3 months ago. I've never heard of the disease, & don't know anyone with the disease. I just wanted to talk to other people with the disease to see what symptoms they have, what medication they are on & generally if their life is affected much by it.

I am 29 & generally never ill, so this was a bit of a shock to me. So far the only issues I'm having is that I'm picking up every cold/virus, but I'm just assuming it's because of the immunosuppressive medication I'm on?

Also my kidneys seem to ache when it's cold, especially the one I had the biopsy on. Just wondering if anyone else has this.

Thanks
SugaryBoosh